Anybody gotten lower casualties than this for Hanover?

Imperial Glory is an interesting addition to the turn based strategy game. Lot's of mods to enhance the gameplay.

Moderator: TAFN staff

Sieur_Drewry
Soldier

Anybody gotten lower casualties than this for Hanover?

Post by Sieur_Drewry »

34 casualties, and I killed all of austrian army.

Im working on getting lower than 50 losses on cyranica map
Dutch Soldier
Captain

Post by Dutch Soldier »

I have, playing the British , no?

My record is 9. :yes: :p :lol:

Not joking, have a look:

[Oranje Boven !] [Steady, Aim...............Fire !!]
hunter
Sergeant

Post by hunter »

im going for the "strategy of annihilation" ;) i dont care about losses, well not that much
hunter
Sergeant

Post by hunter »

Dude Dutch Soldier, u probably played as Austria and let them slaughter u, like some1 would believe that, the battle last 16 mins, well unless u slaughtered them real quick as Great Britain its imposible to gain such scores
Flying Scotsman
Soldier

Post by Flying Scotsman »

Well it says "Victory in Hanover," so he must've played as Britian and won.

Can't say I'm a grand stragetist, my lowest score is a measly 53 losses.
Dutch Soldier
Captain

Post by Dutch Soldier »

hunter wrote:Dude Dutch Soldier, u probably played as Austria and let them slaughter u, like some1 would believe that, the battle last 16 mins, well unless u slaughtered them real quick as Great Britain its imposible to gain such scores
You dont believe me, isnt it? Oke, here a othore game, This time with 18 casualtiets.I am not telling (showing) a lie. :evil:

It last so long (16 min) because of my tactic dude! First move your army slowly forward. Make sure that the enemy cannons dont hit your army. If you have the soldiers almost in range, shoot. If you hit them, they will attack you (charging). I have a nice long line, so the cavarly and infantry will be dead before they can touch my army. Let 1 artillery unit shoot on the enemy artillery. After that, there is still one enemy unit in the building. They will come out, if you shoot on the house. Than fire on them and they are dead before they are in hand to hand combat. :lol:

THIS IS STRATEGY!!

hunter
Sergeant

Post by hunter »

Ok i believe ya, didnt play hanover much, its too easy, wish there wus a hard battle :D
Cracker Mouth
Soldier

Post by Cracker Mouth »

There is, get the mod that lets you play as AUSTRIANS in Hanover. Now that's hard (I got 117 casualtied as Austrians on that map, btw)
hunter
Sergeant

Post by hunter »

That wasnt HARD that wus more like a medium,3 lol! (medium,10 will be harD) lmao, anyways i think i would like being a dictator when playing russia :D
Sieur_Drewry
Soldier

Post by Sieur_Drewry »

Very nice dutch soldier (i believe you). Im working on getting no casualties, that would be my ideal battle. I have some good tactics but im still learning the game and its features. I wish I could just order my men to fire where they are without moving. That would help me loads. It might be a few days before I get a good formation that doesnt require my men to move much but until then 34 is my lowest. Congratz on 9 tho thats a real accomplishment.
Dutch Soldier
Captain

Post by Dutch Soldier »

Sieur_Drewry wrote:Very nice dutch soldier (i believe you). Im working on getting no casualties, that would be my ideal battle. I have some good tactics but im still learning the game and its features. I wish I could just order my men to fire where they are without moving. That would help me loads. It might be a few days before I get a good formation that doesnt require my men to move much but until then 34 is my lowest. Congratz on 9 tho thats a real accomplishment.
I am working also on getting no casualtities, but first i must play the desert battle more. Because there i have still 220 casualtities :lol:
Raquiem
Lieutenant

Post by Raquiem »

hehe
I dont care about such a trivial things as casualties cause on every map I'm charging at once ;D
"Lubię słuchać gdy jest już późno, gdy wszyscy śpią, kiedy gwiazdy lśnią...i jest cichy cały dom..."

"If it quacks like a duck....etc it probably is a duck." - Screamingpalm
hunter
Sergeant

Post by hunter »

So am i raq.. Casualty's... so what? JUST WIN!!! :D
jpas320
Soldier

Post by jpas320 »

Actually, I managed to only lose 4 men in the demo, mainly because the enemy, for some reason, chose to attack ME instead, I was already in posistion, when they kust charged, I had my units withdraw to my side of the creek, then used my horse atillery to establish a crossfire from the bridge, and my howitzers from my side. The austrians i guess couldn't decide what artilery to go for, so as they split up, they were devasted by my shells, and my infantry fired volleys at the split enemy force, when thay stopped to return fire in line formation, I simply had my units get out of range while double timing it. Meanwhle they were also being dessimated by my horse artillery. And they were always bunching up-making perfect targets. Feeling jipped from a potentially great battle with glory and carnage, I felt I was stealing a victory, so I charged the last of the enemy, and killed them all (about like 12) Then one of my horse art. shells hit my cavalry, costing me 4 men.
Believe it or not, it my cheapest victory--but i like to call it brilliant..even though it was on easy mode :lol: LOL
The Young live forever--the Old live young
rotgutt
Soldier

that's impossible.

Post by rotgutt »

It last so long (16 min) because of my tactic dude! First move your army slowly forward. Make sure that the enemy cannons dont hit your army. If you have the soldiers almost in range, shoot. If you hit them, they will attack you (charging). I have a nice long line, so the cavarly and infantry will be dead before they can touch my army. Let 1 artillery unit shoot on the enemy artillery. After that, there is still one enemy unit in the building. They will come out, if you shoot on the house. Than fire on them and they are dead before they are in hand to hand combat. :lol:
You know as well as I do that that's impossible.
First move your army slowly forward. Make sure that the enemy cannons dont hit your army. If you have the soldiers almost in range, shoot.
The enemy's cannons are definitely going to unlimber and blast the hell out of you before you can even come in range. At least 1 battalion of your infantry will be gone by the time you are in range.
I have a nice long line, so the cavarly and infantry will be dead before they can touch my army.
I'm surprised you even got 9? 18? casualties advancing in line. Any player worth his salt knows that if the cavalry gets you in line, you are more screwed than a prositute charging $2 an hour. With the cannon still firing on you, all the enemy infantry has to do is mop up the remains of your own infantry.
Let 1 artillery unit shoot on the enemy artillery.
The artillery is dog slow, and if you selected the whole army to move it will take ages before you reach the enemy lines and once you are in ranged all the above-mentioned will take place, so what artillery?

All in all, I am not saying that it is impossible to win on 9 casualties, just that it is impossible to get 9 casualties with the way you play.