City Assualts

Imperial Glory is an interesting addition to the turn based strategy game. Lot's of mods to enhance the gameplay.

Moderator: TAFN staff

Flying Scotsman
Soldier

City Assualts

Post by Flying Scotsman »

I have a question for you guys who've played the whole game already:

When attacking a province like Ile-De-France, are you attacking Paris? Or are they going to be set up like Cyrenica and Hanover; just a few houses?

Also, if there are cities can you fortify large buildings that give you a MUCH higher defense? Do they have fortifications?

Thanks for the replies,
Scotsman
TAFNsick
TAFN Staff

Post by TAFNsick »

Here are 2 screenshots from Île-de-France:
http://www.tafn.info/TAFN/imperialglory ... een201.jpg
http://www.tafn.info/TAFN/imperialglory ... een200.jpg

As you can see there are many defensive positions, and it will be really challanging to take the city. Especially the capitals of the playable Empires have large buildings and fortifications (Moscow is really cool.) Then there are some medium sized, and as well maps with only a couple of houses like Hanover.
Isledall
Lieutenant

Post by Isledall »

hmmm...
hoped on a kind of barricades...
but those big pallasts are also nice...
especially when I will blow them to bits with my cannons....
** no where to hide from those :) **

does the capital has extra or free troops/ militia to defend itself..?
or can it happen that my Grand Armee only has to defeat the last remaining enemy militia on such a nice map..?

oh thnx for those screens.... they are nice..... still 8days to go
robbiem101
Lieutenant

Post by robbiem101 »

i so glad that you can hide in buildings and behind rocks and stuff this will give you the player player a much hard city for your enemies to take. but as in the demo i found it easy to destroy buildings, also what ive found i dont no if this will work on the really game but at the battle of Hanover in the demo i started my atack from the front and had my horseman and a group of rifle men which i took behind them i intised the army to attack my front line and the austrians in the farm house came out to fight because i was out of their range this left the house open for my rifle men to take then they joined in with the battle and i slaughterd then.
Isledall
Lieutenant

Post by Isledall »

slaughtering the Austrians at Hannover is easy.. as British you just got way more men on the field..

now download the mod/patch from this site and play the Austrians while you wait on the full version...

it is refreshing to see how difficult it can be and that the AI does react good
robbiem101
Lieutenant

Post by robbiem101 »

Isledall wrote:slaughtering the Austrians at Hannover is easy.. as British you just got way more men on the field..

now download the mod/patch from this site and play the Austrians while you wait on the full version...

it is refreshing to see how difficult it can be and that the AI does react good
where do u find that
Isledall
Lieutenant

Post by Isledall »

go to the download section on this forum.. on the first page left bottom side
then choose modding, mod files and the 4th option from below...
in the zip file is an installation guide...

oh it is possible to win with the Austrians.. I did it once.. was mere luck as I could never recreated it... but it had me playing for a long time
robbiem101
Lieutenant

Post by robbiem101 »

thanks