Question for SICK about naval combat

Imperial Glory is an interesting addition to the turn based strategy game. Lot's of mods to enhance the gameplay.

Moderator: TAFN staff

caesar01
Sergeant

Question for SICK about naval combat

Post by caesar01 »

Sick,

We already know it will be 6 vs 6 in combat, my question is will one be able to have adjacent "zones" with 6 ships in each zone and are these unlimited as long as it's 6 per zone?

Question 2: If a 6 ship fleet captures the enemy 6 ships how is this handled? Will the captured ships be able to be controlled automaticully During the battle, are they put out of action or ferried away to another naval zone?

Thanks sick.
TAFNsick
TAFN Staff

Post by TAFNsick »

Answer on question one: :yes:
Answer on question two: Let me test it right now. :)
caesar01
Sergeant

Post by caesar01 »

Oh boy ! This means a country CAN have naval supremacy , so we can build a big fleet up ! YES !!

Thanks SiCK, I will be geting this bad boy as soon as it's out.

One could assume the 6 vs 6 is a melee of the naval engagment and for big fleet actions, just place adjacent fleets from one another and bam, a large fleet action, but 6 vs. 6 at a time, that's alright with me ! This is excellent news.

Let us know about the captured ships.

Question...The frigate and ship of the line has 2 armies each, will they be at the mercy of enemy cannon in transit or can hey compliment a ships marines for better hand to hand combat, or a little of both Sick? Thanks Sick :mrgreen:
caesar01
Sergeant

Post by caesar01 »

How about the ships attacking enemy ports and buildings, can the ships bombard enemy forts and soilders? Thanks Guys.
caesar01
Sergeant

Post by caesar01 »

can ships attack forts and army units?
Cracker Mouth
Soldier

Post by Cracker Mouth »

It's been said numerous times that ships cannot engage land armies.
caesar01
Sergeant

Post by caesar01 »

Thanks cracker mouth, would have rather cool, oh well. Hopefully Next game in his genre will have this feauture, one of the most important thing in warfare, amphibious attacks, till then. :mrgreen:

well sick, what happens when you captre a ship in combat, give us he details... 8)

and tell us about the armies on board ship, will they take part in action?

can you use your grape shot ( canister shot ) to kill armies aboard enemy ships too, thanks sick . 8)