So if you brought the game what do you think of it?

Imperial Glory is an interesting addition to the turn based strategy game. Lot's of mods to enhance the gameplay.

Moderator: TAFN staff

robbiem101
Lieutenant

So if you brought the game what do you think of it?

Post by robbiem101 »

as you might of read i cant wait to recive Imperial Glory and i was just wondering what people think of it?
robbiem101
Lieutenant

Post by robbiem101 »

has anyone brought the game?
Isledall
Lieutenant

Post by Isledall »

euhmmm...

YES.. I bought the game...!!!!

on preorder will have it by friday/ saturday

but I guess is that is not want you want to hear :)
robbiem101
Lieutenant

Post by robbiem101 »

yup i want to know how the demo differs from the real thing and i want to know about the navel battles

im getting mine firday/ saturday i cant wait
Dutch Soldier
Captain

Post by Dutch Soldier »

I havent bought the game, i must wait untill friday...... :evil:
[Oranje Boven !] [Steady, Aim...............Fire !!]
robbiem101
Lieutenant

Post by robbiem101 »

well i just had news it has been dispatched and im getting tomorrow cant wait :mrgreen:
Raquiem
Lieutenant

Post by Raquiem »

I haven't bought the game too ^^
maybe tomorrow it would appear in my poor, forgotten country :]
"Lubię słuchać gdy jest już późno, gdy wszyscy śpią, kiedy gwiazdy lśnią...i jest cichy cały dom..."

"If it quacks like a duck....etc it probably is a duck." - Screamingpalm
robbiem101
Lieutenant

Post by robbiem101 »

im sure no ones forget about poland it will be in the shop tomorrow when it is meant to be released
Dutch Soldier
Captain

Post by Dutch Soldier »

Ahhh they dont forget Poland......I Hope :wink:
Raquiem
Lieutenant

Post by Raquiem »

thanks guys
now let's hope you're right :D
"Lubię słuchać gdy jest już późno, gdy wszyscy śpią, kiedy gwiazdy lśnią...i jest cichy cały dom..."

"If it quacks like a duck....etc it probably is a duck." - Screamingpalm
robbiem101
Lieutenant

Post by robbiem101 »

anytime
Flying Scotsman
Soldier

Post by Flying Scotsman »

I've bought the game:

It's very solid:

Pros:
Tech Tree has a lot to offer
Landscape of the battles are BEAUTIFUL
AI is better then most games
Trade is an important part of the game
Quests give you something to strive for
Naval Battles are fun and easy to control
Land Battles are improved from Demo

Cons:
AI sends a commercial treaty offering you 1000 food for 1600 gold when you have 4000+ Food (Food isn't that important)
AI rejects gifts; even if they're you're friend.

Heh, I could add a lot more, but I'd be wasting time not playing the game. :p

Overall, the game is GREAT, except for the diplomacy which is lacking a bit.
Homer
Lieutenant

Post by Homer »

The Gmae is Perfect!
Take NO Prisoners!!!! Homer!!!.
Invictus
Soldier

Post by Invictus »

I just baught the game today at CompUSA. Ive got to say that the game suprised me as to how fun it would be. I played on medium with prussia my first time out. Even though i was beaten by 1797 i still thought it was fun as hell.

Heres an AAR for my first campaign:

Initially Austria and poland werent too fond of me, poland eventually declared war on me so i decided to take them out of the equation.. This proved difficult for the first few months of the war because i didnt have the man power to occupy poland and keep it from revolt. I soon did get a handle on the situation in poland and turned my attention to making peace with austria (wasnt ready to tangle with one of the empires yet). France decided to make trouble with austria and before you know it 3-4 other nations are jumping into austrian territory to grab up as much as they can before the siege of vienna ends in favor of the french. well the french couldnt hold it so they pulled out... i decided to lay siege and eventually vienna capitulated. All the while ive been trying to peacefully annex saxony because during the austrian campaign i lost some land which saxony snatched up when it wwent bad for austria.. and i didnt want that stick in my side, so i opted for a peacefull annexation of saxony. i was at 89% with saxony (and in a defensive treaty) when france suddenly invaded the saxon capital! i of course out of honor had to come to their aid... i immediately pulled all forces out of occupied austrian lands to consolidate my position, of course austria jumped back into the picture, and i backed down and let france have saxony (they were too big a fish for me)...
After that the Russians (who by 1797 had about half the damn map) decided they wanted a piece of old mother prussia.. with the russians from the east, and the french from the west, it was onld a matter of time before mighty brandenburg fell.. the french captured the capital, and the russians sued for peace... after three large scale revolts, none of my defence pact allies would come to my aid!! the french crushed all resistance and brandenburg finally capitulated... i was defeated...

cant wait to start another!
They are not near my conscience, their defeat does by their own insinuation grow...

Hamlet
Isledall
Lieutenant

Post by Isledall »

if you can win by war I would be surprised.

Iam guessing that economics and diplomatic annexations is the only way...
especially in tech 1 as you said you will not have enough troops to occupy and annex a region
Flying Scotsman
Soldier

Post by Flying Scotsman »

I believe it's possible, but very hard.

I annexed Batavia on Tech Level 1, you've just got to know the right time to attack the empire countries. Besides, the neutral countries usually don't have much of an army.
Homer
Lieutenant

Post by Homer »

winning by war is kinda hard, But I don't invade, I help countries getting invaded. I Agree with the Nutral Countries.
Take NO Prisoners!!!! Homer!!!.
Dutch Soldier
Captain

Post by Dutch Soldier »

It is a great game, but only thr naval battle's are going to fast :)
thepipe
Soldier

Post by thepipe »

Winning by war is not hard once you build up the strength but at first don't even try it b/c the Ai can sense who is weak or spread thin. If you attack a weak neighbor then while your away one of the other imperial powers will attack you and you'll usually have to withdraw your troops to defend the homeland before you can finish annexing the other territory (fyi if you leave only 1 or 2 units behind rebels will overthrow you). You may well be able to defend the homeland but this sequence which will be repeated if you try it again will sap your strength.

Once you build up strength however it is not a problem. Lets face it ....

The land battles in this game look awesome, best graphic of any pc game I’ve ever played. BUT, The gameplay is ***TRASH*** :cry:

The map for each province is always the same accept for seasons. The attacking force always starts in the same place and the defending force always starts in the same place. The attacking force always has to take one or two positions and the defending forces always has to defended one position (but they don't get to start there :? :evil: :? ). So basically you have to run your forces out to the right spot try to get them in to the right formation then position them and try to get them facing the right way then monitor what there all doing during the battle, all this in real time with out even being able to pause and give orders. :shock:

The result of this is that land battles in this game are basically auto resolve battles you get to watch. There is little opportunity for using tactics to win unlikely victories. go in to a fight with more, better troops you'll probably win, don't you won't.

P.S. not only can the AI sense who is weak and attack them but it also it senses who is strong and won’t attack them. Problem is it is way to conservative I’m playing with Prussia on Hard it’s the year 1817 I haven’t been attacked once since 1798 all I do is built my economy and military, buy territories to get resources and then I’ll start a war with someone take a few province then offer them peace (they always accept for a trivial sum) thereby annexing some of their territories. Then I’ll build my strength back up and repeat the process.

This is on hard mind you!

Build your military to defend early on and build your economy b/c everything in this game is for sale for way to low a price. Buy up some provinces for resources to build then use the attack * peace * rebuild * attack to slowly conquer the world.

Take your time no one will attack you even if they wanted to they probably can’t due to the crazy diplomatic system (I grant Russia right of passage they grant Austria right of passage who has a defensive alliance with France who has a defensive alliance with Britain; therefore I can’t attack Britain till the right of passage I granted Russia runs out. I don’t mean I can’t attack them attack them b/c it would upset people and hurt my sympathy I mean the game physically won’t let you attack.)

Definitely don’t worry about your enemies thinking you’re getting to strong and uniting against you. Far from it their still willing to sell you their territories for an amount of money it only takes like 3 to 4 turns to make :?

It pretty ridiculous, I mean I’m about to win on HARD with the country that theoretically should be the hardest to play with and I haven’t even had the game 3 full days :evil:

:cry: Its really disappointing The visual and audio aspects are brilliant and the game had so much potential, but the gameplay is so simple and so vanilla and so mechanical. Oh well
:cry:
jrdrums
Lieutenant

Post by jrdrums »

I have to say you are going about the game all wrong. It is hard to believe that in reality anyone would go to war and then just stop, except maybe the French :roll: :lol:. Anyways, I think if you played more conventionally you'd get more out of it, but whatever floats yor boat.
thepipe
Soldier

Post by thepipe »

Its not just stopping its consolidating your gains. You stop after you have achieved the goal you set out for which is to take a few new territories. Furthermore this was extremely common in 18th & 19th entry warfare. Two sides simply didn't keep fighting till one was totally destroyed (like in WW2). The major European countries would war for awhile one side would come out no top through a series of victories and the loser would give the winner some territory and some money etc. and they won settle in to an uneasy peace till it happened again.

So I don't see how this is going about it the wrong way, I understand that if I was to play blind folded or something like that it would be more difficult but thats not what i'm looking for
Isledall
Lieutenant

Post by Isledall »

if you are looking for a challenge try Hearts of Iron 2
with the patches.. :) it's a WW2 grand campaign strategy.. no fancy graphics but good gameplay...