got it...

Imperial Glory is an interesting addition to the turn based strategy game. Lot's of mods to enhance the gameplay.

Moderator: TAFN staff

Isledall
Lieutenant

got it...

Post by Isledall »

finally...

viva la France Viva Le Empereuer... Viva Le Isledall...

bye bye England
jrdrums
Lieutenant

Post by jrdrums »

I am playing as Prussia who is SO DANG HARD! They start with little gold, can't get much gold, little population, little sea power, and little army power. It is just very hard. And a hint; don't invade Poland because the Balshvics/Russians come after it and declare war on you right away.

And to my happiness, France pays me 2000 currency not to attack it. It is great! And Britain can't set foot on mainland still. But Austria is hard to defeat.

Great game!
Isledall
Lieutenant

Post by Isledall »

hmm... went on medium, France...
made the mistkae thinking like RTW... so I went into Spain... and I was masacered till the last men... darn those garm houses with 2 units inside are good :).. also I let the compu calculate the battle once... let;'s say he is not a good fighter :)

and well I had no money in France was invaded from all sides...
and setting a foot on England on medium will be very hard :)

so to be honest to figure out gameplay.. restarted on easy.. snif yes I know.... and going for peace in the first tech round.... as in tech 2 you can fire 2 volleys.. which is deadly for militia... now militia just pours over your troops in tech 1.. anyway... doing it slow concentrating on economics.. and a small army..... and so far so good had no wars in tech 1....
relationship with England is at 10.....

now I only need to find out how to make a trade route to Alexandria.... as I have no clue....
Raquiem
Lieutenant

Post by Raquiem »

Damn, you're lucky one
I still need to wait before my game arrives :(
"Lubię słuchać gdy jest już późno, gdy wszyscy śpią, kiedy gwiazdy lśnią...i jest cichy cały dom..."

"If it quacks like a duck....etc it probably is a duck." - Screamingpalm
Isledall
Lieutenant

Post by Isledall »

willl be worth the wait....

it is a good game..

need more time into it before I really can say anything..
it looks like a more diplomatic game where battles are sparce as units are not in easy supply... so you have to carefully pick your battles and have enough men left to annex the province.. and keep some mobile defence ...

but in muy first game on medium when I went into Spain.. the game became one big war.. with every nation more aggressive....

hope to play out my test game on easy tonight.....
jrdrums
Lieutenant

Post by jrdrums »

It is definatly worth it.

And Isledall was right, it is a major diplomatic game. At first it is hard to have enough troops just to defend yourself but then once you peacefully annex a country you receive their troops which is the key if you want to win militarily or at all.
Homer
Lieutenant

Post by Homer »

Yea Definatly worth the wait. I am playing as russia and i was in six wars in 5 years. lol. But I am Doing well in teh game. :wink:
Take NO Prisoners!!!! Homer!!!.
Freiherr von Seydlitz
Soldier

Post by Freiherr von Seydlitz »

I'm on my first game as Prussia (medium), so far I've done ok I had slow start but I'm a few hundred points ahead now.Its 1796 & I've annexed Moldavia (sp?), Saxony & Greece (which came with Moldavia) peacefully & on my last turn I just took Hanover by force .
So far I found the best way to keep my borders safe is to make a defensive treaty with Austria & Poland every twelve turns & by defeating armies occupying my smaller neighbours & returning their freedom rather than keeping hold of the province.
I've managed to keep sympathy between 40-54 for most of the game & if an alliance between France,Hanover, Spain & Batvia hadn't become a serious threat to my exposed flank I'd of carried on playing peacefully.Now however partly due to my conquest & partly my change to an Autocratic government my average sympathy is down to 34 & that was with me declaring war.
Now that I have Hanover I plan on digging in, Sweden has a sympathy of 90 & my consulate is nearly built there so I will peacefully assimilate them & build up the cash I need to form a coalition against Russia.
One thing I have had trouble with is quests of the 4 completed so far I've only managed 1 (the others being completed by France, Russia & Britain). Nice to meet you btw :mrgreen:
Forward with his cavalry,
murderous Seydlitz ran,
such shrieking & such butchery,
save yourselves if you can.