Defence Alliance

Imperial Glory is an interesting addition to the turn based strategy game. Lot's of mods to enhance the gameplay.

Moderator: TAFN staff

Homer
Lieutenant

Defence Alliance

Post by Homer »

I found out, if u stay in the game for along time, Be freinds with everyone, Try to make Alliances with almost everyone. Some Countrys pay A lot of money, like I just got 35,000 dollors from prussia to join Alliance with me the brits and france. A LOT OF MONEY! :mrgreen:
Take NO Prisoners!!!! Homer!!!.
jrdrums
Lieutenant

Post by jrdrums »

Yeah, but it's you get more if you scare the crap out of France. I put my Prussian troops on their border, wasn't even at war with them, and they paid me 20,000 to not attack them. Stupid French!
Homer
Lieutenant

Post by Homer »

lol. I scared prussia beacuse I sent my people into france and went by the line and they got scared and they payed me and france 25,000 dollors. HA! That is a good thing to do, if u don't have much money.
LevMyshkin
Soldier

Post by LevMyshkin »

yes, it's real fun...

UNTIL every remaining country makes a defensive alliance AGAINST YOU!!! :shock:

makes you rethink your "diplomacy"!! :)

better have alot of cash on hand when THAT happens!! :(
Officerpuppy
IG Staff

Post by Officerpuppy »

Indeed, if your rolling in the money everyturn due to trade, its best to set up an alliance with the counties that hate you, or the ones that hate you with a country thats a super power that way no one messes with you.
giskard
Sergeant

Post by giskard »

The Diplomacy side of the game is great.

The game supports so much from so many simple agreements youd be amazed at just want you can get away with. In fact the AI appears to know how much it can get away with too. Ive the see the AI playing like the player and making agreements that have 1 purpose.

Eg they allow it to safely deal with a competitor or keep their greatest threat at bay.

You definately cannot ignore the diplmacy side of the game thats for sure.

The AI appears to put a priority on nations it borders. So if your next to a country that hates you and attacks you then your more likely to find a country on that nations other border will suddenly become your best friend once war is declared. Like wise, if your strong any nation on border will avoid war until alliances can be made that stand a realistic chance of crushing you.

So you can play the alliance game here and manipulate your way to power.

I remember attacking Austria as france having no contact with Russia prior to that. Then russian leaders suddenly offers me sisters and grannys as a sign of good faith. Talk about instant best friend.

The same thing happened when I attacked france as Austria. England who had a sympathy rating of 10 with me suddenly couldnt do enough for me.

Playing Prussia is definately the most fun. At the start of the game everybody hates you. My Prussia generals have more experience that any of my generals from other nations in other games. They have been in battles against almost every nation in Europe.

Once you become strong however things improve. But they still hate you. They are just careful to maintain a right or passage agreement with you so you will not attack them.

I have earned a lot of cash from those agreements.

Giskard
http://www.respawn.co.uk
Imperial Glory Guides and charts.
Homer
Lieutenant

Post by Homer »

I stay with France, there a super power.