making money with science..?

Imperial Glory is an interesting addition to the turn based strategy game. Lot's of mods to enhance the gameplay.

Moderator: TAFN staff

Isledall
Lieutenant

making money with science..?

Post by Isledall »

found this tip on the eidos website:

The best way to make money is to build schools that increase research, then go to the research screen and "exchange" research for gold.

my only question is does it work?? anyone tried it..?
Homer
Lieutenant

Post by Homer »

I Just Tryed it. If U do it for all the money, u wont get any reach points. When I get my new school I can get more money!
Take NO Prisoners!!!! Homer!!!.
LevMyshkin
Soldier

Post by LevMyshkin »

you have to "balance" your economic vrs you research. research points "appear" to help you climb the research ladder. trade gives you the money to build.

some of the quests can really give you a boost. 1 gives you a new tech upgrade for 3 turn in a row!! that's a 2 year boost at least by the time you get it!!!!!

would be cool if someone explained exactly how the research points work. i think it does affect how far you can "jump" up the tree, but i couldn't swear it.

as GB, you can concentrate on trade, science and navy (in that order), while peacefully annexing iberia, and have more money than godd. in fact, you'll find youself maxed out on $$. which, makes you turn to the diplomacy screen and get "creative". like find out whose doing the best militarily or is the most threatening to you, and offer them gobs of cash for their resources. they'll say no until you figure out just how much they'll part with now and then.

the little statistics button opens up a boatload of comparison and you can choose who will most likely take you offers. by offering way more than is necessary, they might still turn you down, but they don't get all mad at you.
LevMyshkin
Soldier

Post by LevMyshkin »

egads, looks like i n00bed out on this one and didn't reply to the original question. my bad. :evil:

but it does lead me to ask: just where on the research screen do you trade your points for cash? :?
Homer
Lieutenant

Post by Homer »

When u poll Up The Reach tree, There is a something to the Top Right and Then U just click it and then U can Deicide on how much Points to take away and to add Money To your Country. When The Reachsharce Tree Runs Out then it Automatacly goes to only money No Reach Points Beacuse it ran Out. Well, I Hope I aswnered your Question!
LevMyshkin
Soldier

Post by LevMyshkin »

ya, thanks. does that also so mean when it says all my research points are going to cash cuz i finished the research tree that i have to actually convert them?

doh, i thought it was automatic! :?
Homer
Lieutenant

Post by Homer »

When I got Done with the tree, it came up with a message saying all the research points will go to money Beacuse I finished the tree. U don't Convert it, the Computer converts them.
LevMyshkin
Soldier

Post by LevMyshkin »

cool, i thought it was that way, but wasn't so sure...