Naval too easy-spoiler.

Imperial Glory is an interesting addition to the turn based strategy game. Lot's of mods to enhance the gameplay.

Moderator: TAFN staff

Isledall
Lieutenant

Naval too easy-spoiler.

Post by Isledall »

k I was always sailing past the edges...
always busy giving commands...

but I like the French life style.. relaxing with a rose and some cheese and knabbelnootjes... so there had to be an easier way....

started a quick battle on sea .. 6 against 6
won that one with NO losses....

indeed point guns at enemy... drop anchor.... and auto fire
then get the wine and stuff... after 2 sips and 1 bite of cheese you have won the battle...
Isledall
Lieutenant

Post by Isledall »

hmm was too quick to judge...

1 vs 1 it does not work....

need to test it a bit more :)

oh well....
giskard
Sergeant

Post by giskard »

I played a 6 vs 3 battle with me owning 6 ships and lost.

It was simply not able to control all the ships effectively. 3 on 3 or 1 on 1 can win easily.

So i think your tip might just be useful for big sea battles. The leaving the battle issue is a major problem though. I always lose some ships to that. The other is ramming. Large fleets seem to love to ram each other.

Giskard
Last edited by giskard on Sun Jun 05, 2005 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.respawn.co.uk
Imperial Glory Guides and charts.
Isledall
Lieutenant

Post by Isledall »

I gave up.. I lost with a frigate against a sloop...
oh mann I am the worst naval commander.. :) land battles no problem.. an U-boot in SH3 no problem but a frigate in IG... well I am shark bait...

will need wayyyy more training.... on the otherhand I pay generals to follow my orders so.. maybe it is better to keep my feet dry LOL
giskard
Sergeant

Post by giskard »

Imperial Glory needs some formation features for the sea battles.

There is Drakes inline formation where smaller faster ships sail past and enemy and all shoot as they pass automatically.

Theres the tight formations used by the spanish to protect their fleet that stops other ships getting into the center of a large fleet.

Each has benefits and downsides, for example the line formation can cut through a loose fleet but the ships can easily get boarded. The tight formation stops other ships entering the center of a fleet but restricts the firepower to just those ships around the edge of the formation that have a clear shot.

Those types of features would go down well in IG.

Especially the line formation because youd just have to give the first ship orders the others would follow.

Giskard
http://www.respawn.co.uk
Imperial Glory Guides and charts.