Three armies per province?

Imperial Glory is an interesting addition to the turn based strategy game. Lot's of mods to enhance the gameplay.

Moderator: TAFN staff

ihateclowns
Soldier

Three armies per province?

Post by ihateclowns »

Is this right? I'm only able to hold three armies in one province. This makes no sense to me. Is it a tech thing? What, there’s not enough room for more than 540 men in all that land? I started playing and was completely happy with this game until suddenly this problem came along. I guess I could get it if the problem was logistics. Something along the lines of not being able to supply more than three armies, but still...that's pretty bad. I know that latter on you can hold a lot more men in one army but I shouldn't have to wait. I'm playing as Russia and if I can't achieve power in numbers, than there isn't really any other power I can obtain. I tried invading Austria it was impossible because I would always take on the armies in the first province (there were always three) and usually win, but then not be able to do anything after that because I would only have about 80 men left. This is a big hinder on the game.
Isledall
Lieutenant

Post by Isledall »

imperial Glory has an historical feeling... nothing more..
so your Russian units are as Good as those Austrian ones...

if you only got 80 men left.. I guess your strategy needs a bit of fixing.. otherwise look at the bright side.. The Austrians even lost more men..

every division of 60 men is a graphical presentation of 10.000 men each or 100.000 or.. whatever rocks your boat....

when on the offensive only bring 1 cannon with.. just incase they defend inside a building :) cannons are only fun in defence or when you got those horse things.... get more huisars on the field... stop playing with militia... get some infantry (like 3 huisars vs 1 inf) and the sun will shine :)
bfanboy
Soldier

Post by bfanboy »

Considering it takes 1750 ,or close to that, population resources to create "60" line infantry, i get the feeling that it represents a much larger unit. So 550 men in a territory would be more like 46,980 actual men. Also, when your officers are upgraded to where they can hold 5 battalions a piece, it starts to add up :)
LevMyshkin
Soldier

Post by LevMyshkin »

it's a military management thing. get to colonels and generals ASAP. then you can have alot more troops in those 3 groups. and uh, marshalls rock!! 8 units!! :yes:

then, the game plays different. that's when your stockpiles of food come into play. 24 units eat some chow!! :eek:

(and will make you stop worrying about how many people are in the field. campaign for a year or 2 and you'll want them buggers in cities REAL FAST!!)
Isledall
Lieutenant

Post by Isledall »

food..? never had problems with food...

seems I have always a shortage in manpower....
Dutch Soldier
Captain

Post by Dutch Soldier »

Always shortages of Money :p :lol:
[Oranje Boven !] [Steady, Aim...............Fire !!]
LevMyshkin
Soldier

Post by LevMyshkin »

Isledall wrote:

food..? never had problems with food...

seems I have always a shortage in manpower....
try having a GB army in each french province plus denmark and a few others. didn't runout of food, but reduced my stores by half. abandoned Paris, sued France for peace and annexed those provinces. it got better.

as GB, you don't have to build much of an army. annex Portugal and Spain, build armies there. build naval units in Ireland and Scotland, tech up in England proper.

before a massive continental campaign, your gonna need hospitals anyway, so that helps with the pop -built mills, hosps, then farms while your navy scares the crap out of everyone.

Dutch Soldier wrote:
Always shortages of Money
realized i was missing half the game. quit my Russian campaign and gave GB a try. they are capable of ruling the seas, hence trade. maxed out so much on cash, that i had to find ways to use it!! 10000 for 900 resource units anyone???

and now, resistance camps in "freindly" provinces!! :D

btw, i invaded most of france in one turn, sacked Paris next. didn't realize till i read somewhere on the forums that i couldn't profit from those area until a peace treaty was signed! :?

gave Prussia her cap back too! with the 5 major powers, i think you have to let the ai take the caps. if you do, no $$ AND you need to keep a strong garrison there.
Isledall
Lieutenant

Post by Isledall »

you do not need a large occupation force.. some militia is enough..

wanna steamroll... make sure you get the quest to upgrade your basic inf to grenadiers.. and get the sloop quest.. you then rule by land and sea.. as england....

also I do not upgrade the trade buildings.... and still got lots of cash...
played Britain on hard and now Russia on hard.. seems the major powers do more war on hard then on medium.. and Iam even thinking medium is more difficult to play,,,
Hengist
Soldier

Post by Hengist »

In the manual it says that 1 man represents 15.
Last edited by Hengist on Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
giskard
Sergeant

Post by giskard »

There are for leader units, one offer 3, one 4 one 5 and the last 6.

If you get those before the enemy then you have an advantage in units over an enemy.

In all other respects the 3 army limit offers some interesting strategic choices that wouldnt exist if you where allowed more than that.

Giskard
http://www.respawn.co.uk
Imperial Glory Guides and charts.