Imperial Glory Music mods

Imperial Glory mods, modding tools and more!

Moderator: TAFN staff

teddy
Soldier

Imperial Glory Music mods

Post by teddy »

:( Why Why Why dont game makers listen and learn from the customers? i mean what would be the big deal to make the bloody game music files easily accesable and changable??? I modded just about every game i ever bought, and if there was ever a game/era that needed stirring music it is this one! I waited for a Napoleonic game like this since 1982 when the sinclar spectrum 48k computer arrived. and now it is great but the music nmight as well be from coranation street. for gods sake PYRO read the forums you put up for us! OR did you give up on us now you went GOLD? if there is a way/tool to do it with then please let us have it now.
Please help out Thanks though for the game and subject i hope the mods come thick and fast.
Officerpuppy
IG Staff

Post by Officerpuppy »

Indeed, I have been trying to mod the music/sound files for weeks, and I think it just cant be done. Its a shame too, Among the not so great sound mods that would of been out, there would of also been the really great ones. :yes:
teddy
Soldier

Music Mods and PYRO@S Lethergy

Post by teddy »

Hi officepuppy? yes a real shame but still unbelivable in this day and age. by now you would thing the game writers would have copped on to what makes a game become a "Cult" and therefore attact an ever growing following over the years ie: Operation Flashpoint, possibly the most modded and bettered game of all time. the mods still come thick and fast./ Except Codemasters went to sleep and Faikled misarably to cash in on thir own creation DUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRR??????
well looks like PYRO are about to make the same mistake. I mean they could have release UNit Packs, famous battles, all sorts of addons and improvments but again, no imagination, and as for Authenticity of uniforms and Headgear AAArrrrrgggggggggghh! dont get me started. i mean imagine a WW2 game where all side wear the same German helmet? Do you think anyone would notice? yeah so do i. PYRO really are relying on mass Historical IGNORANCE on this one, except guys like you and me and ALL other Napoleonic buff will be discusted.
Anyone out there Please do a Music acces tool! :(
Isledall
Lieutenant

Post by Isledall »

Music..???
the music in Imperial Glory is the best like most of my games.... turned off :)

never listen to that background noise.. I always want to hear the horses .. the infantry etc etc.. did you know you can hear the enemy give orders in their own language.... real nice.. and way to go Imperial Glory...

but indeed they should have made the game very easy to mod... on the otherhand... the might need the engine for another game or expansion.. and why would people buy a new game.. when there are good mods out there..? so my guess is that they just wait and see what happends...
Officerpuppy
IG Staff

Post by Officerpuppy »

Wishfull thinking would be if Pyro released some sort of plugin that will allow the transfer of the sounds from the game into different files and different files into .ogg format which is compatible with the game.
Officerpuppy
IG Staff

Post by Officerpuppy »

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=51673 Looks like Timetravler * same as our timetravler here?* figured out how to get custom sounds in game using .wav files.

Great work 8) If I can get it to work, I can finally start working on my sound mod :D
submariner
Soldier

Post by submariner »

i have some fife and drums music, in real format, so if anyone interested in that stuff for a new sond mod :-); mail me at ottohansz[at]yahoo.de
Officerpuppy
IG Staff

Post by Officerpuppy »

I just d/l the American music mod from the NTW site its a wonderfull collection of music for those who wanna have US music in the game.

I tried to d/l the NTW music mod but the link does not work. Im sure it would add a nice tone to IG.

Just a suggestion. :)