could not be initialized

Imperial Glory is an interesting addition to the turn based strategy game. Lot's of mods to enhance the gameplay.

Moderator: TAFN staff

GIJim
Soldier

could not be initialized

Post by GIJim »

I know from the FAQ that my problem is that I have an Intel graphics card. However, what do I do about it? I tried the 3danalyze thing to no avail. I guess you can tell I'm not a computer whiz but I'm a History Nut who really wants to play this game. Somebody help, please.
@m
TAFN Staff

Post by @m »

As far as I know someone from Eidos forwarded this to Pyro and they were going to try to work on a fix for it.
giskard
Sergeant

Post by giskard »

I know you will not want to hear this but it needs to be said.

Those intel cards keep appearing in various techy forums as problem cards for a lot of games. You might be better off picking up a modern budget card from ati or nvidia, id lean towards ati right now because of the better pixal shader support.

But anything that supports directx9 would be perfect. Youd avoid the lack of pixal shader support that some games require these days. Even strategy games have started using pixal shader features btw. I too love history and strategy and im seeing this requirement a lot right now.

Btw Nvidia and Ati also have issues but they are usually driver related and cured by trying new drivers.

Giskard
http://www.respawn.co.uk
Imperial Glory Guides and charts.