Imperial Glory Annex Bug.

Imperial Glory is an interesting addition to the turn based strategy game. Lot's of mods to enhance the gameplay.

Moderator: TAFN staff

giskard
Sergeant

Imperial Glory Annex Bug.

Post by giskard »

Hello all.

Before I start here is a screenshot that shows the results of the bug.

http://www.respawn.co.uk/temp/ImperialGlorybug.jpg

In the pic you will see my armies in sweden have a right of passage agreement with England. Yet if you look at the news for the current date you will see I annex Sweden then made peace with england.

So why does england own sweden ?

This is the nature of the bug im reporting here and here are the events leading up to it.

Location Norway.

I attacked sweden then quickly moved on to Norway leaving other troops to annex sweden. I wanted to punish england and force them to sue for peace whilst securing my capitals borders.

I took over Norway and england counter attacked me and lost. They chose to retreat and I chose to let them. They retreated into sweden which was just about to be annexed by my armies at the end of the AI phase. Litteraly the start of next turn would see sweden fall to my forces.

However, what happened was very different.

At the start of my turn it said as you can see in the screenshot that I had annexed sweden. So my next move was to make peace with England.

The moment i did this sweden switched from being russian owned to being owned by England.

England who I was at war with had been given right of passage permission in sweden automatically dispite the fact i was still at war with them at the start of my turn after sweden had fallen to my armies.

Now Englands armies in sweden could have been beaten by 1 unit from any of the 2 armies i had occupying sweden at the time. Those troops where fresh and Englands where all militia and all down to their last 5 men.

After I made peace with England, as i said above sweden became an english country and my troops suddenly had right of passage instead of england.

For some strange reason also, Norway didnt become annexed as a result of the peace treat either. I mearly occupied it and the moment i moved england regained control again.

Odd little bug dont you think.

You can almost sense the decision making part of the game fouling up at the point where a country switches over its alligence to a the last foriegn army to enter the region. Dispite the fact another army did all the work of annexing that country :)

Giskard
http://www.respawn.co.uk
Imperial Glory Guides and charts.
Homer
Lieutenant

Post by Homer »

Well, That Is werid. Maybe someone will fix it?
Take NO Prisoners!!!! Homer!!!.
Hengist
Soldier

Post by Hengist »

Could it have been that Sweden's (and Norway's) sympathy for England was higher than the country you were playing as, thus Sweden would sooner be part of the British empire, rather than part of yours? What were the sympathy levels between all the countries involved in the conflict? Btw, I assume you're playing as Russia?

Also by making peace with England you are granted right of passage to withdraw any troops you have had in their territory during the period of conflict, so this would explain why you have right of passsage through Sweden, as it is now English territiory.

What I don't understand is how you can annex a country while another nations troops are stationed there. It looks to me, on face value, as if the News is bugged, rather than the game, or perhaps I've miss read your post?

*edit
I have just noticed something weird myself. I started a new campaign on Hard, playing as Britain. After a few turns, Batvia invaded Scotland. I forced them back into the sea, and then to teach them a lesson, I created an invasion force, loaded them onto a ship and took the fight to their country. After several battles in Batvia, I was content with ruining their economy, so I loaded the troops back into the Ships and set sail for England and made peace with them.

My battles were listed as being won on the end of year summary, but now (10+ years on), I'm listed as having fought no battles. I'm starting to wonder if the end of year summary is a percentage versus time of Battles won? If that's the case, then I can understand why it says Zero battles won, as I've been concentrating on my economic empire before I start my European blitzkrieg, for quite a few years now :)

Can anyone confirm if the end of year summary, for battles won, is a percentage of wins over total time?
giskard
Sergeant

Post by giskard »

Hengis: About Bavaria. :shock:

Lol thats te funniest event ive heard, that country usually doesnt invade anybody. Even Sweden has had an Empire in my game :)

As for the bug, you may noticed in my text that sweden was actually mine, it has changed to Russian owned before i made peace with England. After making peace it changed sides to England.

Im sure its a logic bug rather than a fault in the code. It should be easy to test. If im right the last army to enter recently (that turn) annexed (by the player) country counts as the invader.

Also the news was 100% correct and reported what happened accurately in the order it happened. The only thing it didnt report was the switch of ownership from Russian owned sweden to English owned Sweden. Which is the bug i below, not the news.

Sweden changed ownership to england during my own turn you see. I was still moving troops and stuff before and after it occured.

Giskard
http://www.respawn.co.uk
Imperial Glory Guides and charts.