Can anyone host Caffe's IG mod on the IG info website ?

Imperial Glory is an interesting addition to the turn based strategy game. Lot's of mods to enhance the gameplay.

Moderator: TAFN staff

Broadside
Soldier

Can anyone host Caffe's IG mod on the IG info website ?

Post by Broadside »

Over on the Eidos forums Caffe has completed a pretty interesting mod and he is looking for webspace so it can be downloaded. Can IG info. help? His posts about the mod are in the "Where have all the modders gone" thread over on the Eidos forums.
giskard
Sergeant

Post by giskard »

My god i can edit my own profile over at Eidos now.

I wonder if i can post too.

I suspect something at TAFN has helped me out there because emailing Eidos had no effect.

Anyway, im off to find that thread your mentioned.

Giskard
http://www.respawn.co.uk
Imperial Glory Guides and charts.
giskard
Sergeant

Post by giskard »

I couldnt find the thread, got a link ?
I wouldnt mind taking a look at the mod my self.

Giskard
Officerpuppy
IG Staff

Post by Officerpuppy »

i heard about this mod, it seems pretty interesting.
@m
TAFN Staff

Re: Can anyone host Caffe's IG mod on the IG info website ?

Post by @m »

Broadside wrote:Over on the Eidos forums Caffe has completed a pretty interesting mod and he is looking for webspace so it can be downloaded. Can IG info. help? His posts about the mod are in the "Where have all the modders gone" thread over on the Eidos forums.
Ha I see sick has already posted there, of course we'll be happy to host it.

It might take a bit longer seeing as I won't be able to use my computer for the rest of today and maybe tomorrow (in for new haddrive).

Cheers,
Broadside
Soldier

Post by Broadside »

This is what Caffe posted about the mod content over on the Eidos forum. It seems he is now delaying for a few more tweaks, but has told us how we can do this ourselves. Personally I think I will wait for the mod as I usually mess up when fiddling with text scripts.

For those that are interested.. I will have a mini mod ready in the next couple of days.. mainly gameplay oriented..

features
A. Larger armies.. AI now bulks up

B. More General's allowed in provinces (thanx Yorkie).. I allow 4 + 1 reserve.. this means you can have 20 or so units on the battlefield.. very cool..

C. Have adjusted unit preferences.. no more big armies made up of militias and howitzers.. After early stages militia will hardly show up at all.. with exception of Russia, Portugal, and some of the Arab Powers..

D. Units preferences tweaked according to nationality.. Austria uses more Cavalry.. Russia tends to buy cheaper units (Line, Cossacks, 6" Cannons).. France uses more Light Infantry and typically buys more of the higher priced units.. Great Britain no longer hires lancers (unrealistic.. they didn't use them).. Prussia is balanced..

E. Balanced overall characteristics for Nations.. Russia gets a discount on troop production but is penalized comercial wise.. England gets a discount on Naval Production but is penalized in Resource production.. etc..

F. Minor nations are no longer push overs.. Spain is now a major player of sorts.. other nations can get quite tough.. for instance in the game I'm playing now, Lombardy just invaded Russia.. they were repulsed but still.. they have alot of troops and are very aggresive.

There are still a couple of bugs I need to work out first.. Russia has what I call the Cavalry bug (about 80% of thier army).. The Howitzer bug also pops up.. I'm trying to decrease them without completely removing them.. I also want to tweak some of the minor kingdoms.. Cverall though the game is pretty awesome and very challenging.. I am in the second era now playing as Austria and I have yet to expand.. I am surrounded by massive armies and am now at war with France (which is not good).. the battles have been great.. Will release soon..

** just too give you an idea of what I mean by bulk up.. When you view central Europe on the Strategy map.. it is literally a sea of flags ( and this is early second era)
timetraveller
Soldier

Post by timetraveller »

giskard wrote:My god i can edit my own profile over at Eidos now.

I wonder if i can post too.

I suspect something at TAFN has helped me out there because emailing Eidos had no effect.

Giskard
Lucky guy. I've been trying to get in over there for almost two weeks. Their forum admin doesn't answer e-mails. Seems a lot of others are having the same problem. Nobody seems to be getting their e-mail confirmation for sign up.

No wonder the forum following is so small. No forum access, no game followers/enthusiasm means dwindling interest, which means few mods as a result, which means game goes away real fast. Oh well.

TT
Gunfreak
Soldier

Post by Gunfreak »

link to the thread please..

cant find it in the edios forums,
timetraveller
Soldier

Post by timetraveller »

giskard
Sergeant

Post by giskard »

Thanks TT :)

Giskard
Gunfreak
Soldier

Post by Gunfreak »

thx for the link.

what i would realy like was a mod that made most units x2 in size

60 infanty = 120

36 cavalery = 72

arty stay the same, that way, you don't have more to contol, and battles last twice as long, and you don't have to decrase damige from weapons.

and it will look 50 times better. insted of 500 men you'll have a 1000, insted of a 1000 you'll have 2000, insted of 2000 you'll have 4000 and that would be max. considering that 2000 is max now
giskard
Sergeant

Post by giskard »

Sounds like a good mod.

Not so sure about his change to England though, lack of resources should not have been a problem since England was importing a lot of resources at the time India and the Americas.

Giskard
@m
TAFN Staff

Post by @m »

timetraveller wrote:Lucky guy. I've been trying to get in over there for almost two weeks. Their forum admin doesn't answer e-mails. Seems a lot of others are having the same problem. Nobody seems to be getting their e-mail confirmation for sign up.

No wonder the forum following is so small. No forum access, no game followers/enthusiasm means dwindling interest, which means few mods as a result, which means game goes away real fast. Oh well.

TT
Passed it on.
timetraveller
Soldier

Post by timetraveller »

@m wrote: Passed it on.
Thanks mate.

TT
@m
TAFN Staff

Post by @m »

It's fixed, you should be able to post now.
timetraveller
Soldier

Post by timetraveller »

@m wrote:It's fixed, you should be able to post now.
Thank you for your help, @m. Much appreciated.

TT