heres some dissapointments so far need patch to fix

Imperial Glory is an interesting addition to the turn based strategy game. Lot's of mods to enhance the gameplay.

Moderator: TAFN staff

s4mboy
Soldier

heres some dissapointments so far need patch to fix

Post by s4mboy »

to be honest the whole idea of the game is great, and if they did it abit more like rome total war i think it would be alot better...

firstly i think there should be larger unit sizes, like instead of 60 men in a unit, 120... or just double the amount of units ur allowed on the field.

secondly there are alot of glitches regarding putting ur units in buildings and taking them out.

multiplayer capabilities are very poor... u can only play two teams max with only 2 possible countries.. not too mention gamespy is damn dodgy, often when joining a game ill appear in a room by myself or in a room with someone who didnt make a game? plus you shouldnt have to share an army and have the ability to use ur teammates units.
Hengist
Soldier

Post by Hengist »

It says in the manual that 1 soldier = 15, or do you just want more eye candy?

As for multiplayer, well multiplay is only for a minority of players.

Statistically, single offline play still holds the biggest majority of players out there. I'd much sooner prefer it if they spent their time on improving the battle AI, and number of available field commands, etc rather than multiplay, which is what I think you're saying with your second point? If that's the case, then I'm in total agreement with you there.

However saying all that, we may not even get a patch, Pyro are under no obligation to make one.
Last edited by Hengist on Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zzxxcc
Sergeant

Post by zzxxcc »

Abruptly said, but overall, I agree with Hengist.

All games are abstractions- a certain number of pixels equalling one 'solider'. So having one graphical soldier= one company, is not a particularly difficult stretch of my imagination.

I hate multiplayer for all the it has come to represent. I find it as a culture to be worthless, as an entertainment to be sophomoric, and as a competative challenge to be idiotic. Multiplayer gaming has become an excuse for game designers to make weak AI and game players to be worthless braggards.

There are however several annoying glitches in the game the can at times detract from the play, but overall I've yet to find any that significantly impaired my gameplay experience.
Hengist
Soldier

Post by Hengist »

Lol zzxxcc,

Me? Abrupt? Never! :)

Seriously, sorry if that's how it sounded.

I like the way you put that games are abstractions. When I was a kid playing with toy soldiers (long before the days of home computers), I didn't have a plastic army of 40,000 individual units at my disposal, my imagination filled in the missing blanks with the few soldiers that I did have, exactly the sameway as it does now with Imperial Glory.

Btw, I also agree with some of your views on multiplayer, with the exception of when a game has been designed, bottom up, as a multiplayer game i.e. something akin to Guild Wars for example.