My strangest game with England so far.

Imperial Glory is an interesting addition to the turn based strategy game. Lot's of mods to enhance the gameplay.

Moderator: TAFN staff

giskard
Sergeant

My strangest game with England so far.

Post by giskard »

Hello all.

I am right in the middle of one of the strangest games ive ever had whilst playing as England. As you know the French usually do pretty well and Russia usually keeps Austria in line with the help of the Ottoman Empire for at least half the game. Austria in turn usually keeps Prussia in line.

But none of that happened.

First France took a shine to Spain and instead of going for the smaller nations a few turns later when its fasination over spain fades, it kept going for spain. Portugal never attacked spain at all and spain never attacked france directly.

I took over portugal by peacefully annexing it, then took over spain by force which was half owned by the french by this time.

About now my area of influence increased to 2 and I noticed Prussia was about to take over hanover. I thought they are doing well. I wonder what Austria and Russia are doing.

The French kept attacking me, over and over again so I finally got sick of it and annexed half their terratory. Prussia decided that was a good moment to annex the other half of france and took advantage of the French weakness. Leaving the French capital defenseless but free.

So my area of influence didnt change, i could only see the same countries i saw before.

I landed in Belguin, freed that from Prussia rule, then freed hanover and the Helvetian Republic in order to repair the damage to my sympathy rating I got when I attack spain. Then withdraw my troops back England.

Piedmont was an allie of French and I was still at war with them so they kept landing 3 armies (by boat) in Andulsia in Spain over and over again. So i was forced to take over the region next to Piedmont and threaten them to force them to agree to peace.

I managed to get Demark and Sweden shortly after and I finally saw Prussia's Empire. Prussia had conquered most of Austria, Most of Russia, all of the Ottoman Empire and was after Egypt. Poland was under their control too.

Belguin, Hanover and the Helvetian Republic fell again to the Prussians, Then Lombardy, The Papal states and Napals.

I thought my god, they are aggressive but i had an 80% sympathy rating with them by this time and a 100% Sympathy rating with Russia. Guess they didnt like France. Anyway they didnt feel the need to heavily defend their borders with me because of my rating :)

Now I believe Prussia only got that strong because France didnt keep them in check due to its fasination over Spain. I know Austria and France had a few battles over the Helvetian Republic at one point so i guess that weakened Austria and gave Prussia its chance.

The Ottoman Empire was also clearly doing well (I found out when i freed them and saw how big their empire had been before Prussia annexed them). So Austria must have been hit from 2 sides a least as well as the pressure the Prussias put on them.

So i lined up 9 armies in the south of france, and 6 above Denmark. Waited for all the rights of passage and alliances to end and attacked Prussia. Freeing up Bavalia, Hanover, Helvetian Republia, Lombardy, Poland and the Ottoman Empire. Then rapidly building a consolate in each of those countries who then joined me almost instantly.

My sympathy rating was around 80% because of this and nations where falling to my empire all over the place. I conquered half of Africa without firing a shot and used resistance cell to prise moroco out of the grasp of the french.

When I finally saved the game and looked at the map. The capitals of France, Austria and Russia where the only free areas on the map. All the other territories had been annexed by me when i sorted out Prussia.

They had grown to be so powerful in such a short period that I believe I got lucky when I annexed Prussia early and avoided having to fight the rest of their armies that where heading north from Africa. I did destroy about 9 of the Prussia Armies during my attack. Saxony was peacefully annexed by me a few turns before i started the attack and i figured id use them to soak up the Prussia counter attack. Some militia and line infantry 9 units in all managed to fight off 6 armies of crack Prussia troops thanks to the militia taking out the infantry, leaving the Cavalry facing my line infantry in a farm house :)

Now to win the game i need only attack the 3 remaining capitals.

The year is 1803.
Usually for me its 1820 before i get this far.

So you can see, a very strange game. Not at all the game I expected.

Giskard
http://www.respawn.co.uk
Imperial Glory Guides and charts.