Light infantry

Imperial Glory is an interesting addition to the turn based strategy game. Lot's of mods to enhance the gameplay.

Moderator: TAFN staff

cunobelin
Soldier

Light infantry

Post by cunobelin »

The light infantry are useless and not historically correct, they should be able to deploy in skirmish formation and be able to retreat in good order to avoid hand to hand combat.

There is also a bug where if you get the quest that upgrde all units to the most advanced type that you currently can build, it makes any colnel's stats go back to 0.

One last thing is there any mods in the pipeline that will alter campaign map etc. that I can wait for?

Thanks
giskard
Sergeant

Post by giskard »

I never noticed that bug about lvl0.

Will have to watch out for that.

I did notice it said it upgrades all infantry to the type above them but didnt upgrade militia at all.

giskard
http://www.respawn.co.uk
Imperial Glory Guides and charts.
pwaark
Soldier

Post by pwaark »

Completely agree. A patch or something needs to be released with this option. The job of light infantry is not to stand and shoot from a distance as in this game, they are supposed to be able to quickly advance in a formation that allows them to snipe at the enemy without being blasted by cannonballs. The closest the game gets to this option is hiding a unit in a forest. :twisted: I NEED MY LIGHT INFANTRY.
kennosen
Soldier

Post by kennosen »

Aye, the light infantry units are pretty much useless without the option to skirmish. Riflemen should also have the ability to skirmish, and be even more sneaky in their choice of targets. Historically, the light troops, or the rifle units attached to a battalion would be ordered to target enemy officers, kill the officers and the rank and file are more easily routed.

One other thing that should also be in the game(maybe a kind fellow will mod them in) is an Officer, maybe on horseback if enough cash is available, thats attached to a unit, then certain units like the riflemen could have an order to target said officers, and then get a '+' or '-' modifiers when in combat, ranged or melee.