Ship Repair?

Imperial Glory is an interesting addition to the turn based strategy game. Lot's of mods to enhance the gameplay.

Moderator: TAFN staff

dcole
Soldier

Ship Repair?

Post by dcole »

I have found the way to move ships into ports and repair them. The icons above a ship however are confusing. Sometimes I see a red icon which looks like a saw and a log. Other times I see a green icon that looks the same. This is while the ships are at sea. What is the difference in the color red or green denote?
zzxxcc
Sergeant

Post by zzxxcc »

Ships must be in a port adjactent map region for one full game turn before they can have repairs on them begin. The immediate avalibility of ship repairs is the green. The need for repairs that are -not-- avalible in the current region, in the current turn- is red.

Once the green log is avalible open a ship information dialog (I believe by right clicking on the ship in need of repair?)

--Dave
meth
Soldier

Post by meth »

you have to have a military port in order to repair ships. they only have to be in the square adjacent to the port for a full turn. here's the deal with the colors.
red=can't be repaired
blue=can be repaired (right click and click on repair button at bottom of window)
green=there are troops on the ship. if you zoom in the icon should look like a head
dcole
Soldier

Post by dcole »

I appreciate the information, now it makes sense. Where did you find this information? I thought I read the doc pretty thoroughly but don't recall seeing this anywhere?
meth
Soldier

Post by meth »

trial and error. there is alot of stuff that's not in the manual. or in the larger manual on the CD. sometimes during the course of the game the ships kind of get looked over. if you make sure to watch for other empires loading troops onto ships you can avoid disaster.
also, if you plan a sea invasion--you can't disembark troops into enemy territory if they have ships in the coastal space you are trying to disembark from.