Annex Bug #3

Imperial Glory is an interesting addition to the turn based strategy game. Lot's of mods to enhance the gameplay.

Moderator: TAFN staff

Lord Trogdor
Soldier

Annex Bug #3

Post by Lord Trogdor »

Sorry Giskard - I'm cheap so no screenshots here :D

So I am Prussia and I just won a war against France. I liberated Piedmont, Spain, and annexed the two southern French provinces. Because of the liberation, Piedmont and Spain both gave me rights of passages.

A few months later, these rights of passages expired. I moved my armies out of Spain and Piedmont and placed them in southern France. To my surprise, the next turn Piedmont declares that I have violated the rights of passage, and suddenly I am at war with France, Britain, Piedmont, and Spain (the latter two only live to this day because of me! :evil: )

So why am I at war? I have NO troops in Piedmont at this time. I even reloaded the saved game from the turn before and checked - not a single man in Piedmont. And also, not a single army has the symbol for right of passage on it. Furthermore, Piedmont only has one province - which is Piedmont.

Later on I signed a peace treaty with Piedmont and realized the reason - apparently in the past they owned Aquitaine, before they were annexed completely by France. Aquitaine was then annexed by me, so somehow the computer thinks that the province belongs to Piedmont after the liberation. But nevertheless, there were NO signs of Aquitaine belonging to Piedmont prior to the expiration of the rights of passage. Furthermore, when I signed the treaty with them, Aquitaine went over to them instead of staying mine - despite the fact that I still have troops there.

Quite a perplexing bug...
meth
Soldier

Post by meth »

you just have to KNOW what territories belong to whom. a good on is to liberate ottoman. you get greece and the balkans?--the one above greece. once i took the territory to the right of lombardy--which is their's at the start--off of france but didn't "own" it until i took lombardy
Lord Trogdor
Soldier

Post by Lord Trogdor »

Aye, but I never realized when Piedmont actually annexed Aquitaine...it didn't belong to them in the beginning, and there's one province that sits between the two. Oh well, they'll be dead again soon anyways.

By the way does it seem like it's just the two of us chatting here? :D
LorKor
Soldier

Post by LorKor »

Nope.
Hi,

I am new to this game and would like to discuss a bunch of issues. I have a chat with METH over another topic. To top it up I had the same problem with Austria. They jumped on me for owning the Balkans I took from them in a manly fight a few years before hand.

What I would like know is how can a country you annexed and owned for over a decade (invested heavily in it needless to say) all of a sudden turn to a free state? I have secret police and spies and Ministry of Information and I have tooltips on, yet I get no prior warning that something is cooking.
In the middle of a fierce war with the Frogs I get the notice "Your armies are on the land of Morocco which belongs to Morocco, bla, bla, bla" . :evil: But how did that happen? I was in control for more then a decade in Morocco (OK I play rather slow) what got to them all of a sudden? :? And how come they had a frigging Field Marshall with six battalions kicking my otherwise weakend ass back to home? Is this some sort of bug or just a common sucking on it? :shock:
"I have not yet begun to fight!"
cocane
Soldier

Post by cocane »

morokko just rocks :D