Just when you think the strategic part is too easy...

Imperial Glory is an interesting addition to the turn based strategy game. Lot's of mods to enhance the gameplay.

Moderator: TAFN staff

HelmutS
Soldier

Just when you think the strategic part is too easy...

Post by HelmutS »

Hehe, that was a nice surprise. Let me tell...

I'm playing for Glory Points victory (40 year timespan) and I'm currently in 1806, with a pretty strong austrian empire, leading in points.

So far, the game was easy and quite peacefull - I annexed "friendly" three nations and bought two more provinces, I only ever fought for one province and was never invaded by another nation. So, game seemed rather easy.

The Brits, however, are closely following me in the Glory Points race, and they have a lot more territorys conquered/battles won than I. If I wait for them to fully develop their trade and economy they might come out ahead of me as I'm already pretty much at the limit of what I can achive there.

So, I decided I want to forcefully take away some of their minor nations (like the helvetian republic for example). Just as a test I declared war on them - and, that's where the surprise comes in - they are in alliance with Russia, Prussia AND France. So basically all other major empires stand against me.

Guess it won't be that easy after all.
meth
Soldier

Post by meth »

if you go to the statistics screen--on the right side their is a button to show defensive alliances. click on the country in question and their buddies will show up in green. you can go into the news also and see what month they got together. alliances last a year. so--find out whose in alliance--when it happened--build up your armies and wait for their alliance to end--and ATTACK!!!
oh yeah--if you have some cash you can make alliances with other empires on the same turn that GB's alliance ends to keep the other guys from attacking you while you beat on GB. declare war on that turn so they don't make friends again the next turn
You either surf or you fight.
HelmutS
Soldier

Post by HelmutS »

I eventually started the war one year later, when Britain was now in alliance with France and Sicily.

It wasn't terrible hard, but all three countrys attacked me (France and Britain at land, Sicily at sea), and as I couldn't beat the british fleet I was not able to take Morroco.

The game is definitly not a piece of cake - to us seasoned computer gamers it might seem easy sometimes, but you still need to make the right decisions at the right time.