persue the enemy? yes or no.

Imperial Glory is an interesting addition to the turn based strategy game. Lot's of mods to enhance the gameplay.

Moderator: TAFN staff

Elllsid
Soldier

persue the enemy? yes or no.

Post by Elllsid »

After a battle, the enemy retreats, do you persue or let them go. I have found that if the enemy retreats before taking casualties and I persue, I get a thrashing as a result... (lost 4 cavalry units) even though the enemy had no cavalry. If the enemy has only artillery their mine![/b]
Last edited by Elllsid on Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
LorKor
Soldier

Post by LorKor »

Its kinda hard to say. I have the feeling its random generated with taking the opposing units into account.
I tend to get ambushed so I think I will let them run if they wanna from now on.
Would be nice if this could be played out like the actual battles: I would enjoy getting ambushed in real time and fight it out (or die trying).
"I have not yet begun to fight!"
meth
Soldier

Post by meth »

that would be cool. i only pursue if i'm trying to give an empire a serious beatdown
You either surf or you fight.
jpas320
Soldier

Post by jpas320 »

My rule to live by concerning this, is that if I can afford a few more casualties after the battle, I Would pursue them, and especially if I was the one who lauched teh offensive, but lets say I was on teh defensive side, I would conserve my troops in case tehy ambush me, it would be too risky for me to lose men after winning against the enemy offensive--unless I had reserve units nearby..then I would always pursue the enemy. :p
The Young live forever--the Old live young
jpas320
Soldier

Post by jpas320 »

Sorry, I keep spelling "the" "teh" I am an amateur student typist :lol:
The Young live forever--the Old live young
Homer
Lieutenant

Post by Homer »

Well Following the units is ur choice. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't work. Usally for me when I chase them I capture them without a problem and Usally Excute them if there real enemies of me. But if i dont have Cavlery, then I will substain Injuries on ur side.
Take NO Prisoners!!!! Homer!!!.