The End Of The Butcher

Discussion of the original groundbreaking Commandos games (Commandos BEL, BCD, C2 and C3)

Moderator: TAFN staff

@m
TAFN Staff

The End Of The Butcher

Post by @m »

I decided to replay the original Commandos games but now I'm stuck in this mission.

There's supposed to be an officers uniform but I can't find it, must be overlooking the dreaded thing.

Any help is appreciated
TAFNsick
TAFN Staff

Post by TAFNsick »

Do you see the fence at the left of the map and the building above it? Well, there is a uniform near the ladder where you can climb up to the 1st floor of the building.
@m
TAFN Staff

Post by @m »

This house?

http://home.scarlet.be/~turkyen5/butcher.jpg

[edit]

Bah, I thought I'd resize the pic. to make it smaller but looks like I just could've kept it at the original size.
TAFNsick
TAFN Staff

Post by TAFNsick »

Yep, that house. When you climb up the stairs you stand right in front of it.
Jovan
TAFN Staff

Post by Jovan »

I never even used a uniform I think. I took two tries to note all the soldier movement, and on the third I slaughtered everyone without an alarm (until I blew up the building), and every soldier that came out of it simoltaniously.

Good show, I was thinking of replaying CBEL CBTCOD myself.
@m
TAFN Staff

Post by @m »

Good,

I can figure it out from there then.

Cheers,
@m
TAFN Staff

Post by @m »

Jovan wrote:I never even used a uniform I think. I took two tries to note all the soldier movement, and on the third I slaughtered everyone without an alarm (until I blew up the building), and every soldier that came out of it simoltaniously.
Nice, the soldiers aren't really the problem it's the patrols that are the most annoying. Anyway managed to kill the Butcher on a probably slight different method than you (and others).

Here's a screen just before the spy give him an injection :D

http://home.scarlet.be/~turkyen5/butcher2.jpg

Districted that patrol with the spy before there was an alarm then used the sniper to shoot them. After that, put my spy in the position where he stands, used another Commando to fire a shot so the alarm would go off and the General would run to his car, timing was just right as the patrol looked the other way when I killed him :)
Mesijs
Soldier

Post by Mesijs »

I did it really great...

My sniper was just on the roof on this other house.

My driver secretly drove a car right in front of the big building where the barracks also is.

My spy was districting the patrol, they were very close to where the car was parked by the driver, of course not seeing him.

My driver was leaving the car and hiding.

My spy stopped distracting.

The soldiers turned around and were seeing the car. They were standing around it and fired their guns. The alarm was going off and soldiers came out of the barracks right next to the car and began shooting on it.

At the same time I shot the general with my sniper.

The soldiers were shooting the car until it exploded. They all died and the barracks was a ruin.

Now that's what you call teamwork. :D
Behind the enemy lines it's bad to be. I was there.