Multiplayer doesn't

Imperial Glory is an interesting addition to the turn based strategy game. Lot's of mods to enhance the gameplay.

Moderator: TAFN staff

Rock
Soldier

Multiplayer doesn't

Post by Rock »

I've looked all over the forums and the documentation, but I found no answers to my problem.

I just bought and installed the game yesterday. I did NOT install Game Shadow or GameSpy. I also applied the 1.1 Patch. I've been running the Tutorials and everything seems to work fine in Single Player mode.

But when I go to Multiplayer and hit the "Search" button for the Internet, I get an "Incorrect IP Address" error. So not only did I NOT get a list of games that I might join, but I got an uninformative error message.

I forwarded port 6601 (TCP and UDP) on my firewall as instructed in one of the included documents. My computer is on a local LAN that NATs through a firewall appliance... like almost every other machine on the planet! I suspect the port is mostly for the benefit of hosting a game rather than joining someone else's, but the port is forwarded regardless. It makes no difference.

If I want to enter my friend's IP address so I can join his game, then where do I do that? There certainly is no box labeled as such and it's not in any manual. This is very disappointing because I like to play against/with my friends online. I can't recommend this game if I can't get the multiplayer to work.

Does multiplayer work?
Does it only work thru GameSpy?
Where do I enter a game server's IP address so I can Join it?

Thanks for your help.

:?
@m
TAFN Staff

Post by @m »

There are other people who have this issue, but as of yet I'm afraid there isn't a solution.
Rock
Soldier

Post by Rock »

Oh drat! Well THAT'S not very public information. I think maybe this issue should be on the FAQ, or a "Sticky" or something.

Thanks for your quick response. So are you saying the answers to my questions are:

Does multiplayer work? No it does NOT work.

Does it only work thru GameSpy? No it does NOT work even thru GameSpy.

Where do I enter a game server's IP address so I can Join it? There is no way to do this.

:shock:
TAFNsick
TAFN Staff

Post by TAFNsick »

Let me correct you. :)

Does multiplayer work?
Yes, but there is no ingame games browser, use GameSpy for that.

Does it only work thru GameSpy?
No, also via LAN and by connection via an IP address.

Where do I enter a game server's IP address so I can Join it?
Go to multiplayer screen, press the button that says "Internet" and type the IP address in the new box that appears left to "Search."
Rock
Soldier

Post by Rock »

Ahhhh, something definitive! Thanks for your time and the answers.

:)
Gabriel320
Soldier

SOLVE

Post by Gabriel320 »

I can´t find it also in GameSpy how to play on the internet with other players?? I like this game but i cant join any other game,please how to solve it?