Game on the Verge of Greatness!

Imperial Glory is an interesting addition to the turn based strategy game. Lot's of mods to enhance the gameplay.

Moderator: TAFN staff

ytareh
Soldier

Game on the Verge of Greatness!

Post by ytareh »

There are several people at work modding this game Icanus,Naihrean and Godkin to name just three who have dramatically improved it .IUsing Icanus' MOd v0.8 and a reinstalled v1.0 game I have succeeded in increasing unit size to 100(more is possible but some say unstable-and DONT TRY MOVE IN SQUARE FORMATION-get crash!) (60 and 5 for cav. and art.)and changed the range of weapons to more realistic values (rifles were more than double musket range).Alas Artillery cant be give their realistic range with current battlefield maps as they are too small....(and dominate the game dramatically as it is with range cranked up!!!)It is also possible to change accuracy at specified ranges.I can not get the time to reload to work when varying it for some reason.Godkin I think has cracked a way of stopping troops getting into hand to hand combat with anything nearby which is great for "Waiting till you can see the whites of their eyes" before releasing a devastating volley at point blank range!!!Unfortunately I can not find the batalla file necessary to do this in my install.What am I doing wrong?Is it only in v1.1?Do you need some fancy text editor?(The sooner I can post on the game forum the better !Sort out some of these problems...)