Great game great site!

Imperial Glory is an interesting addition to the turn based strategy game. Lot's of mods to enhance the gameplay.

Moderator: TAFN staff

De Lancey
Soldier

Great game great site!

Post by De Lancey »

After a few days trying to get my account up and running on the official game site with no luck i decided to try a few of the links,so here i'am.
Firstly i'd just like to thank everyone involved in the creation of such an informative site and a big thumbs up to Giskard for his brilliant guide! It's a great read,even for experienced players and i'd recommend it to anyone new to the game or anyone thinking of buying it,it provides a much better picture of what the game entails than the manual and indeed many of the reviews i have read.
I would also like to say how impressed i'am with the game.I'm a long time wargamer both on tabletop and on PC and i must admit this game has really caught my imagination.It has a far greater tactical/strategic depth than i imagined and looks great to boot!
Having being a Total war series fan since the realease of Shogun i wasn't sure how i'd take to the game but i'm finding this a real breath of fresh air.While RTW was hugely ambitious i found many parts of it to be badly implemented and it was just missing that certain something that STW and MTW had.Imperial Glory seems to capture the mood and feel of the period really well and has lots of atmosphere,something again i thought was missing from RTW.
I dont want to turn my first post into a comparison between the two as i think both have great merit and at the end of the day i'm a firm believer in 'each to their own' but this is definetly the one for me.

So i'll wrap up my post by saying,Great job Pyro,please continue to support the product and maybe give us a sequel/expansion,Hello to everyone on the forums and congrats again to the site staff and Giskard.
Officerpuppy
IG Staff

Post by Officerpuppy »

I second that motion. I very much enojoy this game very much myself. From my personal experience with RTW and MTW, once I beat it with one faction I felt there was almost no replaybility. But with IG, I just love comming back to it. But that is my experience.
@m
TAFN Staff

Post by @m »

Hello and welcome to the forums De Lancey.

As far as your problems with the Eidos forums go, have you tried e-mailing community@eidos.com? They should be able to sort it out quickly.

Thanks for the kind words about the site, I'm glad you like it.

Enjoy the game,
ytareh
Soldier

Post by ytareh »

Yeah I had same problem....give them a week or more to sort you out though...
De Lancey
Soldier

Post by De Lancey »

Thanks for the replies.

To be honest im not too bothered about registering at the other site now,it seems a lot more active here.
Seems i'll be happy here 8)
Jovan
TAFN Staff

Post by Jovan »

Wow, thank you for the compliment; after all, it's what we're here to do. Welcome to TAFN and have fun with IG!