CSF Question...

Discussion of Pyro Studios' Commandos game in tactical shooter style.

Moderator: TAFN staff

Where should commandos head next?

RPG?
No votes
Action Adventure?
83%
Hybrid of the above?
17%
Other?
No votes

Total votes: 6

iakovos
Commandos Staff

CSF Question...

Post by iakovos »

Do you probably think that the next step in evolution of commandos would be something of
strategy/fps/rpg style of game?

Just wanting to see reactions.

Iakovos:)
"Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once
in a while, or the light won't come."
ISAAC ASIMOV
TAFNsick
TAFN Staff

Post by TAFNsick »

Well, that totally depends how much I'm going to like the style of CSF. What I've played and seen of CSF at GME last week was very good. I hope to finish my preview of the game this weekend and all in all I'm very positive about the game. :)
iakovos
Commandos Staff

Post by iakovos »

Trying to solve the commandos mystery is like trying to solve the mystery of the holy grail. Do you think that it will be possible for the commandos to change their style into another genre, apart from fps?

ISAAC ASIMOV
TAFNsick
TAFN Staff

Post by TAFNsick »

Didn't the Monty Python guys find the Holy Grail already? :wink:
Anyway, I've sent off the interview a couple of days ago, including the question about this mistery. No idea when I get it back.

If you mean from going from FPS to 3rd Person, then the asnwer is yes and no.
Yes, you can switch to 3rd Person.
No, you can only play in FPS, 3rd person is just for having a good look around you.
iakovos
Commandos Staff

Post by iakovos »

Actually... my question refers either to a possible Commandos 5, or to be more precise, into a change of style for a possible CSF expansion.
What do you think? Is an expansion a possibility for the first time in the series?

ISAAC ASIMOV
@m
TAFN Staff

Post by @m »

iakovos wrote: What do you think? Is an expansion a possibility for the first time in the series?
Beyond the Call Of Duty? Unless you just mean more maps without other changes :)

I believe it's in the interview as well, the GME report I wrote should provide some insights about the game as well. (e.g. Natasha will be in the game etc.)

As for the course it's going to take CSF is looking and playing good so I'm not sure or they gonna go in another direction again. It's not necessarily a bad thing if they did as long as it isn't a full rpg.
iakovos
Commandos Staff

Post by iakovos »

Well, CBTCOD was a standalone expansion. I am not referring to such a thing, but more as an expansion in the style of MOH: Spearhead or COD:United Offensive. In other words an expansion, which needs the prior game to run. :p

IMHO, the only direction, by preserving the FPS style, would be to create an action adventure, whereas you are able to play in 3rd person view as well.

PS. I am expecting your full pre/reviews with great... anticipation on the game itself. :yes:
ISAAC ASIMOV
@m
TAFN Staff

Post by @m »

iakovos wrote: In other words an expansion, which needs the prior game to run. :p
Hehe ok 8)
IMHO, the only direction, by preserving the FPS style, would be to create an action adventure, whereas you are able to play in 3rd person view as well.
Hmm would certainly be interesting to see that!
PS. I am expecting your full pre/reviews with great... anticipation on the game itself. :yes:
Well we talked with the brand manager about preview copies and they would probably be sent out at the end of Octobre.
Jovan
TAFN Staff

Post by Jovan »

I think it all depends on how well the game sells. As @m and me already talked about it, Eidos is established pretty well with the "current" state of Commandos games. If CSF succeeds in the way that CBEL/BTCOD/2/3 succeeded, then we *could* expect an expansion pack.

We'll just have to wait and see. Personally, I don't want it to take on any bigger role than the FPS it's meant to be. If CSF fails, they might rollback to the older style, who knows?
Abir
Soldier

csf

Post by Abir »

i agree. the commandos will be end up into action-adventure-tactics. but i am worried about delayment of pyro. the csf is taking 3 years! hut it will be great. have youread the GME report. thepyro has never failed to do what they want. by the way , check your mail.
Abir
Soldier

Post by Abir »

Anybody played Commandos2; Destination Paris. Go to commandoshq.com. there are something interesting news. Therewillbe no expansion pack ,ithink.the pyro releasedgames are beyond of all games. why are youcombine COD with CSF. the csf will made the games loser!.
iakovos
Commandos Staff

Post by iakovos »

The current heading that commandos is taking by turning itself into a FPS is so far realistic, and a bit of fun as well. There is no doubt that Commandos can never loose its strategy purpose. It was always a strategy series. By combining adventure and action elements in it, apart from creating a new action/adventure game, the game will still be (in the future) a strategy game. Even CSF, I consider it to be more a stealth and strategy game, seen from a shooter perspective.

As Pyro is concerned, they always delayed their products... it is not the first time.

ISAAC ASIMOV
Jovan
TAFN Staff

Post by Jovan »

iakovos wrote:As Pyro is concerned, they always delayed their products... it is not the first time.
Agreed.

I am very suprised that no one in the Commandos community complained about CSF. I think that is an amazing feat given that most communities whine about something being changed in a game's series. I think C:SF is heading off very nicely. It won't dissapoint us.
Abir
Soldier

Post by Abir »

Certainly. Have you checked your e-mail iakovos? check it now.
Abir
Soldier

Post by Abir »

Hey. I was at GAMESTATION.COM. the release date of CSF is 1st April.(Friday)