Need some technical help

Discussion of the original groundbreaking Commandos games (Commandos BEL, BCD, C2 and C3)

Moderator: TAFN staff

ssndolphin
Soldier

Need some technical help

Post by ssndolphin »

Somebody please help! I have been going back and forth with Eidos game support for a month now and still no resolution. Here is my issue; I install the game, install the ver 1.42 patch and play the games tutorial. In the first tutorial, I see the Green Beret just fine and also the 3 soldiers that he must tie up or kill, however, when I go to the second tutorial to learn the sniper, all I can see are shadows of the characters. This does include the enemy soldiers also. I have uninstalled, re-installed both game and video card drivers but nothing works. The same holds true if I try and play any mission on the game also. I have a AMD athlon 1.4Ghz processor, 384MB ram and a nVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 video card. I am presently running WinXP Pro sp2 and have plenty of harddrive space. Can anyone please help? Thanks in advance.
David
TAFN Staff

Post by David »

tom wasnt it the same problem i had on your dad's pc when i tried to play?
i tried alot of stuff too, like reinstallin the game, directx, video card drivers but nothing helped. reinstalling windows? ok i know its stupid solution but if you are not lazy you could give it a try..might work out.
sorry i cant help you more.
TAFNsick
TAFN Staff

Post by TAFNsick »

Yeah that's correct. My dad got a new pc so it should work fine now. :D
Anyway, as far as I know, there is no solution for this, except getting a new video card...
Puntakis
Soldier

Post by Puntakis »

Anyone know why that graphics card does not support the textures in Commandos 3?
I guess Pyro got a little lazy and decided not to develop anything for that vid. card.
They should and must release a patch which fixxes that problem as soon as possible as it is preventing a lot of people from playing it.