I think I cracked the DefModeloGestion.mng for militia

Imperial Glory mods, modding tools and more!

Moderator: TAFN staff

Daddeeo51
Soldier

I think I cracked the DefModeloGestion.mng for militia

Post by Daddeeo51 »

I went exploring the DefModeloGestion.mng companion to the battle model .dt file with a hex editor and noted that the militia units are listed separately as are all the other ground units. Additionally, not knowing the coding of the file, but able to compare the line infantry coding to the militia, I was able to hit on a variable location and value that transformed the militia into line infantry, complete to the point of forming in line, firing by volley and even forming square.
I tried to get this into the EIDOS forum, but I could not seem to get my account activated there.
If desired I will email the modified file to anyone interested (a limited offer I assure you) or to this forum to be posted.

Sorry for the initial version of the tag line...it was incorrect because my memory warranty is up....
Daddeeo51
Soldier

Post by Daddeeo51 »

As has been pointed out, the defmodelogestion.mng is the key to unit behavior, and building times for units AND BUILDINGS.

The mechanism for making the militia not act like a mob, for instance, is to assign it the pointer that tells the game that it is line infantry, instead of militia. This can be done for all or individual countries.

You can really toughen up this game doing this.
You can change the training times for units as I have said, and you can also reduce or lengthen the build time for the game's edifices (edificio) to really heat it up.
Officerpuppy
IG Staff

Post by Officerpuppy »

Sounds pretty interesting, found any bugs or problems so far?
Daddeeo51
Soldier

Bugs? features maybe...

Post by Daddeeo51 »

The changes I made actually end up causing the game to treat the militia as line infantry. That means, for all intent and purposes, militia does not exist except as another line infantry unit. Changing stats in the combat model file for militia no longer has any effect, and you will note that, in the game, militia and line infantry have identical specs.

If the file is edited incorrectly, and some of the data points are positionally sensitive (or restricted value ranges if they are truely hexadecimal), you find out soon enough because IG will not start or you find in infantry unit for sale under cavalry..easy to see and easy to fix.

The simple change to militia, however, is bug free.
Daddeeo51
Soldier

Did the community loose interest in this?

Post by Daddeeo51 »

Since I first began fiddling with the defmodelogestion file, I have been able to do a number of rather interesting things. One of them was to get rid of militia and make them perform as line infantry. Another, and probably more interesting, is that I can now change the number of battalions that can be assigned to an officer. For instance, my version currently gives Captains 5 troops, Colonels 10, generals 18. For some reason I can't get Field Marshalls to take on more than 8, but I solved that dilemna by assigning the experience value to reach that rank so high that I never see them.
I can (and have) changed building times, unit and building pricing, redefined the resource levels for individual regions, to name a few. It makes the game bigger and harder and a lot more enjoyable.
mike^_^
Soldier

Re: Did the community loose interest in this?

Post by mike^_^ »

Daddeeo51 wrote:Since I first began fiddling with the defmodelogestion file, I have been able to do a number of rather interesting things. One of them was to get rid of militia and make them perform as line infantry. Another, and probably more interesting, is that I can now change the number of battalions that can be assigned to an officer. For instance, my version currently gives Captains 5 troops, Colonels 10, generals 18. For some reason I can't get Field Marshalls to take on more than 8, but I solved that dilemna by assigning the experience value to reach that rank so high that I never see them.
I can (and have) changed building times, unit and building pricing, redefined the resource levels for individual regions, to name a few. It makes the game bigger and harder and a lot more enjoyable.
:shock: :shock:

hey man!!

Do you think you could share with some of us newcomers, how to change the number of troops a captain, colonel, and general can command?

I will be forever in debt to you, if you could share how to do this!

please!!