Noob Question

Imperial Glory is an interesting addition to the turn based strategy game. Lot's of mods to enhance the gameplay.

Moderator: TAFN staff

Gump
Soldier

Noob Question

Post by Gump »

Can somebody tell me the advantages and disadvantages to each government type please.
Gump
Soldier

Post by Gump »

8 views no replays :(
@m
TAFN Staff

Post by @m »

From the players guide

Other Empires and Governments.
Some quests or Diplomatic options are only available to certain Empires or Government types. For instance I believe Autocracy allows you to marry off one of your relatives to another Empire and thus ensure that Empire will never declare war on you. Other such options are also available for each Empire and Government type but you will have to experiment to figure them out. I will expand on this area as I learn more myself.

Also various government types offer advantages in different areas. For example Democratic and Republican Governments tend to offer better peaceful annexation features and more money from trade and taxes where as Autocracy and the others appear to give you better conquest options and unit restoration features.

Having played the Democratic and Autocratic games, I can say the biggest difference is that Democratic governments have to buy everything but have the cash to do it. Though they often run short on other resources. Autocratic Governments usually have plenty of people for the army and other resources but run short on gold. Also some of the more advanced tools for taking over other countries without a fight such as Resistance cells appear to cost more if your an Autocracy.
Elllsid
Soldier

Post by Elllsid »

Autocratic government: Military hospitals, provide the best way to replace units, which allow units to gain experience(improve mellee and range attacks). To produce revenue (1)phase, build trade branches and sea routes which add money and brownie points. (2)phase contruct tax collection post. (3)Phase, upgrade sea routes and add the Government revenue building, forget the name. for internal commerce

(3)phase Autocratic/Absolute Monarchy: Quest 100,000 Sons Of St. Louis. (2) Marshalls with 10 units.

the advantage to different governments is mainly in there location on the map. Having access to trade/shipping routes to gain quest.

Autocratic/Dictatorships allows for cheap massive infantry recruiting.
jpas320
Soldier

Although...

Post by jpas320 »

No matter what you choose, teh AI nations will like, never all choose teh same thing. I would like to say that If you choose a monarchy gov. then the other empires will choose democracy, then if you switch later to a republic etc, then the others, unless maybe they have good relations with you, will choose constitutional monarchy. It's a game of what ever you choose, the other empires will choose the opposite.
I might be wrong about that, but that's what I've noticed :lol:
The Young live forever--the Old live young
Flavius Silvanus
Soldier

Post by Flavius Silvanus »

I played a very interesting Prussian campaing recently where almost all the AI countries chose the same government that I did.

England and France were Absolute Monarch, like I was.

Russia was Dictatorship

Austria was a Democracy.