How do you avoid the Artillery Bomb your own Troops?

Imperial Glory is an interesting addition to the turn based strategy game. Lot's of mods to enhance the gameplay.

Moderator: TAFN staff

taka29
Soldier

How do you avoid the Artillery Bomb your own Troops?

Post by taka29 »

I have encounter this big headache problems. Everytime when I go on to battle I don't know where to place my canons. Espcially, on the flat land because they are just like a self destroyers. wipe out half dozens of my men. and when I place the Canons at the centre first line and it leaves an open area to the enemy for a frontal attack and my other infantries start to changing lines which interupt my whole organization and the canons only fired one shot and it just been fully chopped off. so I m just wondering how do you guys position your artilleries???? and yet you can still fire and protect them. :roll: :cry: :? :? :?
TAFNsick
TAFN Staff

Post by TAFNsick »

I never place troops in front of my canons, but on the left and right side. When the enemy attacks my artillery, I let them stop firing and let my cavalry engage on the enemy. This usually results in them fleeing, after which I start bombing them again. :)
taka29
Soldier

Post by taka29 »

But isn't that your cannons will wipe out your troops side ways? especially when you set your troops to auto attack and when the enemy start a center attack then some of the first and 2nd line infantry will move the position to side ways and thus it blocks the connon balls and it leads to my own destructinos if I start bombing.:< too bad the connon balls never go over head and I believe Napoleon certainly knows how to use it smarter than that..!!but IG creators didn't reveal such a great strategical point in this game!!!:<
Officerpuppy
IG Staff

Post by Officerpuppy »

If the cannons are too much of a headache, build howitzers instead.
You'll have shorter range, but it will spare your troops no matter where put them.
TAFNsick
TAFN Staff

Post by TAFNsick »

I only put my long range troops on auto-attack.
taka29
Soldier

Post by taka29 »

Guess wat guys. I just watched the movie "battle of waterloo" and the way that they use on the battle field is that they put the artileries on the front and put all the infantries at the rare for protection and if the caveries and infantries charge through your artilleries and simply they artillery men and officers would abandant their weapons and run to the infantries lines to seek for protection and at the same time the infantries set to defensive squre formation which the officers and the artillery will be protected at the centre wherease in IG the game only revealled part of the strength. They should created the game just like the RTW or the MTW that the artillery units can abandant its own post. that would be more realistic.
rotgutt
Soldier

Post by rotgutt »

If the cannons are too much of a headache, build howitzers instead.
You'll have shorter range, but it will spare your troops no matter where put them.
Howitzers will still fire on your own troops in hand-to-hand combat.

Normally I would place the guns behind my infantry in line and let the cavalry handle the melee stuff.
Homer
Lieutenant

Post by Homer »

If Ur In combat with Artillary units and there coming in Close. Advance Militia or Infantry units to save ur artillary units. When ur infantry starts crossing artillary fire, stop the firing from ur Artillary units.
Take NO Prisoners!!!! Homer!!!.