Game speed slider - PROBLEM

Imperial Glory is an interesting addition to the turn based strategy game. Lot's of mods to enhance the gameplay.

Moderator: TAFN staff

TheBionicCarrot
Soldier

Game speed slider - PROBLEM

Post by TheBionicCarrot »

I've installed various mods - the patch, the battle mod, the smoke mod, the camera mod, etc.

At first, the speed slider (from the patch) worked great (I used the laptop version).

But after I installed a couple more mods (I forget the order I did them in), the slider has been somehow interfered with.

Now, [SHIFT] and [+] speeds the battle up. No problem there.

However, [SHIFT] and [-] also speeds the battle up. There is no longer any way of slowing things down.

Is it just a case of replacing a particular file from the patch? If so which one, and where should I put it?

Any help would be much appreciated...

(Not generally very good with these tecchie things - I had never even heard of a 'mod' until I saw them on here and followed the kind instructions posted by others. So please be gentle with me!!)
TheBionicCarrot
Soldier

...ANY suggestions...???
TAFNsick
TAFN Staff

Post by TAFNsick »

Reinstall the patch. :)
TheBionicCarrot
Soldier

Forgive my ignorance... but is there not a risk that reinstalling the patch will overwrite some of the mods that I've painstakingly installed? Or does the patch involve entirely different files?

I'll give it a go - but, like I say, was just wary of undoing various mods.

Ta.
TAFNsick
TAFN Staff

Post by TAFNsick »

It will only override files (unless you extract the contents of Data1.pak.) I'll come with a better solution later (because yes, it can be fixed easily without changing the mods) however, I'm short of time at the moment. I have 2 weeks of practical lessons left and still have to finish a whole lot of projects. :x
TheBionicCarrot
Soldier

Very kind of you. I'll await the solution with interest.

Cheers.