Ask your questions for the developers here

Imperial Glory is an interesting addition to the turn based strategy game. Lot's of mods to enhance the gameplay.

Moderator: TAFN staff

@m
TAFN Staff

Ask your questions for the developers here

Post by @m »

Hiyas all,

We will have the opportunity to do an interview with the developers in the future. For this we would like to have your input as well. So if you have questions post them here. We will make a list of questions too, compile it and forward it.

Thanks
Jovan
TAFN Staff

Post by Jovan »

When units are behind cover, will they be able to take certain positions such as a 'back to back' with the cover itself and peak out with their heads, perhaps even fire?

How will your unit's AI respond to seeing the enemy? Will they stand there and shoot, or actually run for cover and use tactics?
----

How flexible is multiplayer going to be, such as number of people, number of gameplay styles?
@m
TAFN Staff

Post by @m »

- how will the camera work, will it have some similarities with Praetorians?

- will you be able to assign soldiers to a group for quick selection?
Hurricane
Sergeant

Post by Hurricane »

Will there be subregions, when you enter a region?
There was never a genius without a tincture of madness-Aristotle
caesar01
Sergeant

Spanish Empire

Post by caesar01 »

The largest empire in the new world, top 3 Navy from 1700's thru Napoleonic wars. Trafalger would not have existed without Spain, when Napoleon invaded spain they defeated a french squadron of ships of the line and killed over 300,000 French, second only to the Russian winter. Frances' biggest ally thru all the major wars.

Who would the English have plundered if Spain didn't take the large part of the new world?

YOU NEED SPAIN. PERIOD.

There is still time, or is Spain for the add on later.

YOU CANNOT LEAVE SPAIN OUT. It's very foolhardy .
TAFNsick
TAFN Staff

Post by TAFNsick »

Oke guys, I have great news! Today I got an e-mail directly from Iñigo Vinós, saying that we will get the interview back this week (hopefully in a couple of days, maximum.) The answers are coming from José Manuel García (project lead for Commandos Strike Force), François Coulon (executive producer for Imperial Glory) and Iñigio himself.

Stay tuned! :D
caesar01
Sergeant

Post by caesar01 »

:D

Thank you.

We appreciate the develpoers chimming in and listening to our feedback.

I hope the developers decide to add Spain.

It would be VERY wise.

caesar01
Les The Lionheart
Captain

Post by Les The Lionheart »

If you added spain then you would have to add India . So you can take India as brits . Also the americans would have to be playable.
God is not on the side of the big battalions but of the best shots.
A hero is a man that is afraid to run away.

Come on lads tis to glory we sail because englands glorious banner shalt always prevail.

A hero is a man afraid to run away.
caesar01
Sergeant

Post by caesar01 »

It would be most welcome to see India and America in the game as well. But let's remember Spain had the 3rd largest Navy in the world.

The only 4 Deck 136 gun warship until the United States launched the Pennsylvania. Their 112 gun vessels were amongst the finest, ie. Santa Anna 112 guns which dueled Collingsworth's Royal Soveriegn 100 guns in Trafalgar.

I would be pleased if we could at LEAST do these countries, along with Egypt and the Barbarry Pirates, Tunisia etc.

Thanks for all feedback
Les The Lionheart
Captain

Spanish armies were rubbish and fell apart if u did spain u would have to do portugal.

Come on lads tis to glory we sail because englands glorious banner shalt always prevail.

caesar01
Sergeant

Post by caesar01 »

Austrian armies were rubish too if I may be so bold. Napolean swept them away with his pinky !
caesar01
Sergeant

Post by caesar01 »

The Spanish army was well equiped and would offer excellent units for the user to control. Let us remember that French Naval units were FAR superior to english ships but because of lack of training and experiance they could only get off a broadside while the english already would have fired 2 broadsides.

The American Revolution was when France was at the peak of Naval superiority and only so far.

IE. Admiral Rodney when he routed the french fleet in 1782 and regained the prestiege for the British that was lost at Yorktown when Admiral De Grasse defeated Admiral Graves.
Les The Lionheart
Captain

The spanish army fell apart when fighing Ney and other such marshels . At Talevera they ran from the sound of their own muskets . They were well equiped but badly trained . And spanish ships were slow and sluggish English ships were faster yes french ships were better speed wise and yes training won the day . Have you studied this part of history before.

caesar01
Sergeant

Post by caesar01 »

Hello Les,

Iv'e had problems with the darn cable modem :twisted: disconnecting on me so I couldn't get back to you sooner.

I agree with you in all those respects, however it is worth noting that some of the spanish vessels were indeed fine sailers, excellent frigates and finer ships of the line. Most notable were those built in Havana, Cuba also El Ferrol, Guarnizo (Santandar) and Cadiz, Spain.

I'm working right now on building the Spanish 74- Gunner San Juan Nepumeceno and it's interesing to not that this vessel was built by
Fco. Gauthier, The First of three Naval counstruction Directors
to adoubt the French sytsem. They were fine vessels and had 36 pound battery on lower deck. I think what killed the SPanish was the training , poor morale and as one french officer said best, "what beautiful ships, yet farmers and herdsman are their sailors. What little the spanish know of the sea."

I love maritime history, always enjoyed the Horatio Hornblower and reading classical history. You must admit, it must have been something slamming a full broadside into the stern of the Santisima Trinidad! Four decks of smashed glass, balconies and lemonade glasses @!

I played the demo and I really liked it. I'm really looking forward to this and I really like the fact that you can capture ships and add to your navy, unlike Rome Total war, which I lov by the way.

Do you guys know if you can select units and make orders in pause mode in the game? In the demo in pause you couldn't so much as view the battle map for a moment while paused. Other wise excellent !
caesar01
Sergeant

Post by caesar01 »

Les The Lionheart
Captain

Yes I have read all the Hornblowers , I like the escape from France myself , Spanish ships are famed for their beauty and their size but the training is what got them to be wrecked . If they had been as well trained as Nelsons men then at Trafalgar he would not of got near their line.

caesar01
Sergeant

Post by caesar01 »

Hi Les,

The Hornblower series were very exceiting weren't they? I loved them.

I have played the differant naval titles such as Wooden Ships and Iron Men, back in the 90's, Age of Sail and Age of Sail 2, Favorite was Age of Sail: Privateer's Bounty.

I really enjoyed playing Trafalgar as well as the Ushant, Battle of the Nile, and Chesapeake.

What really exceites me is that this will be the first that allows you to capture vessels, add them to your navy and recrew and retrain I imagine. What do you know about recrewing and retraining in the game? I hope they don't forget this detail in the game. Also to equip with marines for the Coup De Grace' !!
Les The Lionheart
Captain

What about the gloriuous first of june . That excites me too . Hornblower is good . If you like that read cochrane britannias sea wolf it is biography.

caesar01
Sergeant

Post by caesar01 »

Can't quite forget the glorious First of June now can we? 8)

So many spanish ships of the line were captured that day, even the Santisima Trininidad was almost captures that day too ! I imagine if the english did manage to bring her hulk home it probrably only would have ended up as a prison hulk.

Have you had a chance to visit HMS Victory in Portsmouth? I'd love to go, but alas the darn american dollar is preventing me due to it's weakness overseas. ! :evil: Darn dollar !
caesar01
Sergeant

Post by caesar01 »

I'm going to check out that book you mentioned.

Nothing quite like a British Tar, a souring soul ,as free as a mountain bird.
Les The Lionheart
Captain

You like patrick o brian made master and commander , rubbish i thought but still , and alexander kent he is good too.