Extracting images from Commandos 2

Discussion of the original groundbreaking Commandos games (Commandos BEL, BCD, C2 and C3)

Moderator: TAFN staff

pfc.michael
Soldier

Extracting images from Commandos 2

Post by pfc.michael »

Hello,

I was hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction on how to extract images/textures maybe even TGA's from Commandos 2.

I have tried searching the forums first but didnt find anything.

Thank-You very much for the help.
ss786
Sergeant

Post by ss786 »

Hmm, nobody does not seem to have found an antidote for those images.

But I can help you a little. First let me explain the image files of Commandos.

Most of the images of Commandos game are located in the .grl files which can be reached by extracting the .pck file with the dragon unpacker 5.

The models of objects (commandos, enemies, chairs...) are in the .abi files which can also reached by extracting the .pck file with the dragon unpacker 5.

There is a tool for extracting the .abi files in this site:

www.commandoshq.co.nr

With that you can mod the outfit of the objects in the game.

The .grl files can be revealed by a tool named grl realhidden 1.0. Download it from:

http://www.programurl.com/grl-realhidden.htm

But unfortunately, you need to know a five letter password to reveal the .grl files. Since the community (which includes me) do not know it, we cannot extract the .grl files. However, if you know the password, don't hesitate to tell us.

Anyway, you can search for the .grl tool in good search engines like google. That's how I have found the grl realhidden 1.0 software. Only thing you need extreme patience for this. Goodluck and I am also searching for the tool. :)
Blinding ignorance does mislead us.
O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes.
-LEONARDO DA VINCI