Mod To Shut Off Intro Movies

Discussion of Pyro Studios' Commandos game in tactical shooter style.

Moderator: TAFN staff

Slippery Jim
Soldier

Mod To Shut Off Intro Movies

Post by Slippery Jim »

This tool will shut off all the annoying intro movies that are shown before the game starts up.

This is an extremely simple "mod" that automatically finds the path to where you installed the game and renames all the intro videos that are found in the VIDEOS folder of Commandos Strike Force.

You could of course do this manually but for those that can't be bothered here is the tool to do that.

Download and run the mod to shut off the intro movies:
http://www.mods4games.com/da_Jim_files/CSF_No_Intro.exe

For those that are worried about running an executable from a stranger, I have made mods for many years now for various games. You can visit my website and see the other projects that I have made:

http://www.mods4games.com/

This tool is very simple and only renames several movie files. You can do this manually if you prefer by going into the VIDEOS folder of Commandos Strike Force and renaming the following files:

- RW.bik
- Nvidia.bik
- Eidos.bik
- Pyro.bik
- Trailer.bik
TAFNsick
TAFN Staff

Post by TAFNsick »

Will post it in the news now. :)
Slippery Jim
Soldier

Post by Slippery Jim »

For those that are curious and want to know the specifics of the tool:

I used a program called "Installer Vice" which is used to make installation packages by software developers. However I don't have it installing anything. I just used it because it has a built in system to easily and safely read the Windows registry to determine where you installed the game.

Once it figures out where you have the game on your hard drive it simply renames the following files in Commando's VIDEO folder:

- RW.bik
- Nvidia.bik
- Eidos.bik
- Pyro.bik
- Trailer.bik

It renames all the files to have a ".bak" file extension (basically backing them up so that in the future you can restore the movies if you want).