British Cavalry Skins!

Imperial Glory is an interesting addition to the turn based strategy game. Lot's of mods to enhance the gameplay.

Moderator: TAFN staff

zerosktz
Soldier

British Cavalry Skins!

Post by zerosktz »

Hey guys,

I was just wondering if anyone knew what Historic Regiment the Household Cavalry unit represents in IG 'cause I'd really like to make some skins to represent the real life uniforms used by those units. I've read that the Household Cavalry was a division which was made up of the Life Guards (1st and 2nd) and the Royal Horse Guards. So does IG's Household Cavalry = the Royal Horse Guards? I'm not exactly sure, myself. :? I had always thought that the Cavalry Regiments in the Household Division were Cavalry of the Cuirassiers class (Heavy Cavalry)... While the Household Cavalry unit in IG is more of a Dragoon type (Caribineer Cavalry). Ugh I'm confused. lol Any help would be appreciated.

Oh yeah, does anyone know what programs are needed to get started on editing and creating new uniforms for the models in IG??? lol Yeah, I know I'm a newbie. lol Thanks a lot!

P.S: Shouldn't the British Hussars in IG have Blue Coats, like all British Light Cavalry did at that time??? Just wondering.
rotgutt
Soldier

Post by rotgutt »

The Household Cavalry represents the Household Cavalry. I'm serious.
The British Household Cavalry is classed as a corps in its own right, and consists of two regiments: The Life Guards and The Blues and Royals (Royal Horse Guards and 1st Dragoons). They are the senior regular regiments in the British Army, with traditions dating from 1660. The regiments are Guards regiments and form Britain's Household Division with the five Foot Guards regiments.
If I'm not wrong they were at Waterloo in 1815, and they were part of the charge to the Grand Battery.

Plus not all cavalry uniforms during the time were standardized and most wore either red, blue or even green (the King's German Legion, a la the French dragoons).