Adding Officers to Units

Imperial Glory mods, modding tools and more!

Moderator: TAFN staff

Deliance
Soldier

Adding Officers to Units

Post by Deliance »

Hey all,

So i was playing cossacks 2 and the new American Conquest game and really enjoyed having officers, standard bearers(carrying the flag), and musicians in the front and center of each unit of troops. I understand that in IG, you act as the field commander, but isnt that the same as all the other games?

My question is to all of you who know how to make mods (thanks for everything, by the way)..is there any way you can make a mod that adds AT LEAST officers to the units(always front and center and perhaps carrying swords) and even a musician and flag carrier if possible? I tried downloading the Artillery officers mod but nothing changed at all.

If this doesnt seem like something that everyone would be interested in, is there anyone who would be willing to take the time to show me how to create mods becuase i would love to customize the game, even if its only for my pleasure.

Thanks again to everyone whos been creating and supplying these mods...they really add a level of enjoyment to the game :)
Officerpuppy
IG Staff

Post by Officerpuppy »

Adding officers to infantry units was talked about alot on here a very long time ago, unfortuntely it could not be done. The idea was to use the code adding soldiers to artliery and apply that to infantry but it didnt work. What did work was adding officers to artliery which later became a mod which you can find in our database.

Although there are lots of great ideas out there, the game allows only so much modding before putting the breaks on any great idea, IE: officers with infantry, musicians etc.

Quite frankly, if the editor allowed us to edit or create new 3d models, things might be a little different.