More than a little annoyed

Imperial Glory is an interesting addition to the turn based strategy game. Lot's of mods to enhance the gameplay.

Moderator: TAFN staff

Ikusa IX
Soldier

More than a little annoyed

Post by Ikusa IX »

Alright...before i go further I will say that indeed i am the sort that appreciates battle aesthetics whilst playing a game that immerses me in the carnage of the fray...this being said I ordered the European version of the game with the understanding that indeed they did not feel the need to censor the blood from this version...so I receive it today and run a test and lo and behold the blood is present as hoped...but then...I updated to the 1.1 version and just like the damn modded us version..the blood is gone again...this...is annoying to say the least,for nowhere in the description of the patch and what it changes does it point out that it removes the blood from the game...yes..I know this is not a huge deal but it is indeed annoying...has anyone found a way around this yet???I really think if it is going to have this effect it should say that it changes the game from teen to everyone...any response or feedback concerning this will be greatly appreciated
Officerpuppy
IG Staff

Post by Officerpuppy »

The only thing I can come up with is, what you can do is copy and paste the data1.pak file, which is what I think the patch adds.

Reinstall the game, make sure it all works, then put the data1.pak file in and try the game again.

Blood in IG is a mysterious thing since there doesn't seem to be a file or a line of text anywhere that enables or disables this feature. The only thing that points to blood is the texture the game uses. This leads me to believe that the information that enables/disables it must be embedded somewhere in the .exe or some other encrypted file.
TAFNsick
TAFN Staff

Post by TAFNsick »

Officerpuppy wrote:This leads me to believe that the information that enables/disables it must be embedded somewhere in the .exe or some other encrypted file.
You could test this theory by renaming the .exe file and then do a repair to the game (from the installation menu). It will install the old executable again. If that doesn't work try to install the patch manually.
Ikusa IX
Soldier

Post by Ikusa IX »

Okay...I checked a few things and found that the blood negation is indeed somehow linked to the new exe that you have to use to run the mod....I found this out by cutting and pasting my old exe in a different location before applying the patch...the updated features worked but the blood is gone...I then tried pasting the old exe back in place and have found that it brings back the blood but none of the patch features work(yet it stills says version 1.1)also upon looking at the 2 exe files I have noticed that the original is comprised of some 13mb whilst the patch one is but 5mb...did they really take away that much information????either way...with this perhaps something can be figured out...but for the time being looks like 1 or the other....blood or patch...which I for one think is rather absurd...