Ubisoft

Planet 51 is a game based on the cinematic movie developed by Pyro's sister company Ilion Studios. For the first time Pyro developed a console-only game.

Moderator: TAFN staff

TAFNsick
TAFN Staff

Ubisoft

Post by TAFNsick »

If you've taken a look at the frontpage you might know that Ubisoft has been rumoured as the new publisher. What's everyone's take on Ubisoft? Would you prefer another publisher, or is Ubisoft just fine?
Officerpuppy
IG Staff

Post by Officerpuppy »

At least it's not EA :lol:
@m
TAFN Staff

Post by @m »

Ubisoft is pretty big which is not necesarily a bad thing. I always felt that marketing wise Eidos wasn't really know. Sure everyone knew Tomb Raider but I felt that the other games didn't really get that much attention although they have some legendary games in their catalogue.

Also ubisoft doesn't shy away from innovation in games which is certainly a good thing. I think if they are involved the would probably also be interested in the Pyro studio that is making the planet 51 movie. Yves Guillemot has in the past expressed interest in making short movies/cgi which I believe would otherwise be something for Eidos Montreal. I don't know how good their support is though, regarding patching games etc. Hopefully if needed they have a more than one patch policy which Eidos suffers from.

Seeing the recent backslash Eidos seems to have suffered along with the change in management it's probably a good thing that Eidos isn't the publisher anymore. Sure we'll need to get in touch with new pr people but giving the size of Ubisoft they probably have a benelux office which could make things easier for us.

/end long post